Trying To Find Links For People Making Dog Coats

I had one last winter, but Elsie grew out of it. Hers was fine in drizzle or light rain, but in a really heavy downpour I would want a raincoat over it. They are pretty warm, Elsie wore hers in the snow and didn't get cold :)

Thank you. I am more after a rain coat. Elsie looks great in hers!

I had one last winter, but Elsie grew out of it. Hers was fine in drizzle or light rain, but in a really heavy downpour I would want a raincoat over it. They are pretty warm, Elsie wore hers in the snow and didn't get cold :)

The Chilly Dogs Inc have 100% waterproof raincoats - either the trail blazer or rain slicker… I've heard nothing but good things about these coats. http://www.chillydogs.ca

I agree the chilly dog ones looks great, and Hurrta also do two waterproof ones (which are handily also on free shipping on clean run), the overalls which would probably be good for a coated breed and don't look too warm, and the waterproof fleece. I'm trying to decide between the chilly dog great winter north coat, and another Hurrta coat for Elsie for this winter... The chilly dog one costs the same, but has international shipping charges hmmm....

I agree the chilly dog ones looks great, and Hurrta also do two waterproof ones (which are handily also on free shipping on clean run), the overalls which would probably be good for a coated breed and don't look too warm, and the waterproof fleece. I'm trying to decide between the chilly dog great winter north coat, and another Hurrta coat for Elsie for this winter... The chilly dog one costs the same, but has international shipping charges hmmm....

I love the look of the Great White North coats but the climate is not really cold enough for them here in Qld… are you in NZ DiscoDobe? If so that would be a perfect coat. My girl is smooth coated with only a single coat so is really feeling the cold and we aren't even in winter yet + in Qld! haha. Julie Kelly from Chilly dogs sent me a fast reply as I wasn't sure about sizing and she was happy for me to send through measurements and she can make one to fit. As my girl is only 9 months old and has a little bit more growing to do, she said she will take that into account.

I love the look of the Great White North coats but the climate is not really cold enough for them here in Qld… are you in NZ DiscoDobe? If so that would be a perfect coat. My girl is smooth coated with only a single coat so is really feeling the cold and we aren't even in winter yet + in Qld! haha. Julie Kelly from Chilly dogs sent me a fast reply as I wasn't sure about sizing and she was happy for me to send through measurements and she can make one to fit. As my girl is only 9 months old and has a little bit more growing to do, she said she will take that into account.

Yeah great white north, not winter hehe. Yup we're in CHCH, NZ. Doesn't get as cold as Canada, but not uncommon for there to be frost on the ground at trials until 10am, and we do get snow occasionally! Elsie is is also a smooth, single coat girl, and is bald on her tummy and practically bald on her chest.

I think I'll send her an email re. sizes, Elsie has a bit of a weird body shape, long and lean, but a shallow chest, and she is a small-medium breed, doesn't quite fit any of the measuring boxes :)

Yeah great white north, not winter hehe. Yup we're in CHCH, NZ. Doesn't get as cold as Canada, but not uncommon for there to be frost on the ground at trials until 10am, and we do get snow occasionally! Elsie is is also a smooth, single coat girl, and is bald on her tummy and practically bald on her chest.

I think I'll send her an email re. sizes, Elsie has a bit of a weird body shape, long and lean, but a shallow chest, and she is a small-medium breed, doesn't quite fit any of the measuring boxes :)

A lot of my family are from Christchurch and it gets very cold there.. I would def get the GWN for your girl. I like that coat a lot. I think she said it's for -5 degrees and colder.. the others are for 5 degrees + which is more like our climate. My girl is practically bald all underneath too! Hardly any hair and I wasn't expecting the cold to affect her so much already so need to get a move on with an order :) Chilly Dogs do a 'long and lean' body shape coat but she said to me that she can make to fit so just email and see what she advises. Best to get it right especially considering they are coming from Canada. A friend of mine ordered the sweater and trail blazer after sending measurements of her boy to Julie and she said they fit perfectly!

I have a Chilly Dog GWN - just arrived - Trixie is very bald and lean and cold sensitive, she usually wears a chilly sweater with a thicker coat over the top, so I don't think the GWN will be too warm on her, it's a very nice looking coat.

I am also on the hunt for some jammies smile.gif My girl is SO cold and it's her first winter. Little Gifts so you make them for medium sized dogs? biggrin.gif

I can make them in any size and you choose what fabrics and ribbing trim you want. Postage is $2.50, although if you are northern GC I'd probably just come down for a drive and drop them off and maybe take the fur kids to the beach!

Check out my FB page (link below) for all the info you need. My email address is also on there for any questions.

I'm trying to track down a lady who's just knitted some dog coats that she brought into AWL Qld on the Gold Coast. Just the kind of coat... for the night-time... that I'd like for our tibbies. By sheer coincidence, the coat was modelled by a tibbie (she or a friend must own him), My girls don't like the tighter dog coats:

Hopefully 'Leslie' might also be on FB and post so keep your eye on the thread!

Good thinking, LG. Someone who knows her is on the AWL Facebook page... she knew the little dog's name.