Snuggle Puppy / Night Comfortor

smashtank

Hi everyone

Has anyone had any experiences with these two products? The night Comfortor is a bit cheaper so would prob go for that. I know I could just get a clock and a heat pack, but I can't be bothered hunting stuff out and these things are cute!

http://www.nightcomforter.com.au/index.php

https://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.php/products_id/2766

Thanks... :)

I was looking at these too smile.gif

Major difference I could see is that the Snuggle puppy comes with the re-usable heat pack, where the night comforter doesn't.

Are you sure? It says disposable heaters and you can buy additional heat packs. I'm not too worried about the heat after the first couple of nights - my boy will be in our bedroom. Just want to have everything ready in case of tantrums!

Hamish had Petstages Heartbeat Pillow as a baby, it was one of the cheapest around. But he loved it and every time he stepped on it and made it start beating he would doze off to sleep!

My Max had one of those too, it terrified her and she set her life mission to hunt it down and get revenge on it :laugh:

I bought a SnugglePuppie off eBay this morning. Was $58 shipped and she said she chucked in a couple of extra batteries for me. Hopefully he settles quickly and I won't need to buy more batteries!

I'm getting Rusty (night comforter) because of the colours. Breeder has a gorilla that ALL her puppies love because the colours look like mum's, so we said we'd find a stuffed animal with those colours. Smashtank, a million thanks for this link!!!

Kirah had a Snuggle Puppy when I brought her home -- she was a winter baby and being outside I figured she could use the extra warmth. I found that as long as you turn the heart off durning the day, you won't need to replace the batteries -- I didn't change them once.

The disposable heat packs were awesome and Kirah really loved the Snuggle Puppy -- it's been the only plush toy she hasn't destroyed. I've since sold it to another DOLer who was getting a pup as I no longer had any use for it.

Good luck with your new pup and pictures are a must!!

Caesar has a Night Comforter. It's his favourite toy. Not sure if it really helps in terms of calming him down though. As for batteries, if you turn it off every morning, it'll last you for quite a while. It's really cute when Caesar carries it around.

I'm getting Rusty (night comforter) because of the colours. Breeder has a gorilla that ALL her puppies love because the colours look like mum's, so we said we'd find a stuffed animal with those colours. Smashtank, a million thanks for this link!!!

It's funny you say that. I indavertantly bought my puppy a soft teddy with was black with white points around the nose and legs, which once he arrived I realised was a similar size and colouring to him. It was his absolute favourite toy and as long as I tucked that up with him in his crate at bedtime I didn't hear boo from him in between toilet breaks as he seemed to feel safe with his "sibling" in with him :)

Edited by ktig

I just got my Snuggle Puppy in the post and he's already snuggling with it in his crate. Will be a good test to see if he settles quicker in the crate tonight.

Sorry not the best photo, he's hard to photograph cos of his colour.

3c72e4dd6b0f3970d23e9b94eeb7a203_zps2915fe4e.jpg

Awesome. Let me know how you go! I'll be intrigued to see if they really work!

I broke my one last night - the velcro seam broke so now there is kind of a hole in it. The eBay lady was nice though - she said she's sending me a replacement and I don't have to bother sending the broken one back.

So just be careful pulling the velcro apart!

Honestly, I'm impressed with it already! He cracks it for awhile when I put him in the pen but he's settled right down now and has been for ages (in puppy time, half an hour is ages :rofl: ). I haven't bothered with a heat pack (will tonight) so it's just got the heartbeat in it. It must be a great comfort. :)

Edited by moosepup