Plastic Shell Type Bed Sizing

That's a Reject Shop baifra, I'll have a look in there and see what they have when I do the shopping tomorrow. :) They don't need to be super high quality or anything, my dogs don't chew or otherwise destroy their bed thankfully. My kelpie is one of the few who doesn't do caves, she won't sleep in a kennel and if you ask her to go through something like a tunnel she'll do it but she put her ears down and gives you an unimpressed 'look'. :p She's super quick and super smart and would have been great for agility but she just won't do any tunnel type obstacles.

Reject Shops are great for that sort of thing. I popped into the one at Hornsby a couple of days ago and although I didn't see any of the plastic ones, the donut styles were there in abundance. And cheap. Because I have enough bedding to run a pound, I dragged myself and my skinny sad wallet out of there. :laugh:

I have two plastic beds I am happy to give to you if you want to try them. They're a medium size. This is a pic of the type although the sides of mine are a fraction lower. I purchased then from PetBarn and I don't use them. They have been used a couple of times. I also have foam pieces to fit in them, you just need to make covers for the foam.

Message me if you're interested.

post-3413-0-01194600-1368064115_thumb.jpg

Reject Shops are great for that sort of thing. I popped into the one at Hornsby a couple of days ago and although I didn't see any of the plastic ones, the donut styles were there in abundance. And cheap. Because I have enough bedding to run a pound, I dragged myself and my skinny sad wallet out of there. :laugh:

The problem with most of those do-nut styles is that they don't have a removable cover & you have to wash the whole damn thing

The problem with most of those do-nut styles is that they don't have a removable cover & you have to wash the whole damn thing

Agreed. I also bought some for about $8 at Bunnings. Dogs love them.

Deals Direct has a special on heated beds with sides today as well as free shipping. Whilst I just spent at least $100 on some Snugglesafe heat thingies and a reflective mat Tempeh is still waking me and doing the shiver routine during the night. So I bought her a heated bed. Eventually something has to work - it is not even that cold yet!

I did order a couple of the cheap padded beds(same shape as these but fabric) off ebay for $8 each which will probably actually fit inside the plastic shells and make them even more cosy. :)

Have you got a link to these? I have some of those kidney shaped beds and was thinking of making some washable, snuggly inserts for them but for $8 I think I'll buy them!

Here you go jemappelle, they aren't the most stylish fabric pattern ever but for the price I don't honestly care, they'll be inside the plastic beds anyway and the dogs don't care!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Soft-Pet-Dog-Puppy-Cat-Warm-Bed-House-Plush-Cozy-Nest-Mat-Pad-Mat-Cushion-futon-/350779731694?pt=US_Pet_Beds&var=&hash=item51ac19eeee

Smallest size is $4.99 and the largest size(69cm) is $8.57 with free post.