Dog Lovers Show

tlc

Sorry if there is already a thread, I thought this would have been mentioned before now.

Is anyone planning on going to the Dog Lovers Show it looks like it will be a great few days.

I wish I lived closer and wasn't working all weekend I would love to go.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it would have been a good idea to turn up and promote pedigree dogs regardless of who is there? If we don't get out and be noisy then we can't whinge that more people don't know about pedigree dogs.

--Lhok

Guest Wildthing

There are some very interesting listings as Exhibitors and there are some that I would not support under any conditions. However, in my opinion, life is often about compromise and if the event was free admission and I lived nearby, I would attend. Exhibitors will be required to pay a fee for the space they occupy. I note that neither the RSPCA or Oscars Law are in the Rescue Lane section, so it would be easy to avoid the stalls if one wished. Many of the rescues there need support from the public and it is another way to spread the word on what rescue really is. Everyone has their own beliefs and will act accordingly.

I must have completely lost the plot!! I have no idea what people are talking about. To me it appears to be a event exhibiting dogs, both purebred and rescue, as well as plenty of dog products and services.

Dogs Victoria are there with different breeds.

What am I missing?

I'm going, making a beeline for the Dogs Victoria breed stands to get some lovely doggy cuddles. The more promotion for pedigree dogs the better.

I hear a lot of breed clubs have pulled out, conditions offered for admission, parking, space, housing of dogs have caused it

I'm going, making a beeline for the Dogs Victoria breed stands to get some lovely doggy cuddles. The more promotion for pedigree dogs the better.

I hear a lot of breed clubs have pulled out, conditions offered for admission, parking, space, housing of dogs have caused it

Yes. I hear the same thing.

Oh no, I didn't hear anything about that. :( Do you know which breed clubs have pulled out?

Im thinking of going. Im staying in Melbourne for a little while and living in the country a couple of hours away I dont normally get to go to things like this. Of course there's a couple stalls i'll be avoiding but im not going to let them stop me from going to have a look. I'll be showing my support to the breed and rescue stalls :)

How very dare they be at a relevant event pushing their relevant agendas. Why, I couldn't bear to be in the same exhibition hall with them. Someone might think I supported them! :eek::eek:

LOL Corvus :thumbsup:

I would have thought it would have been a good idea to turn up and promote pedigree dogs regardless of who is there? If we don't get out and be noisy then we can't whinge that more people don't know about pedigree dogs.

Totally agree, Lhok. Squeaking wheel gets the oil and all that.

If anyone has an agenda they believe is worthwhile, they can't whinge if they aren't going to spruik it, while someone else spruiks theirs which might be the opposite or they may not agree with.

I didn't realise this topic would cause such a stir, I understand why.

Heavens, tlc. Haven't you been on DOL long enough :laugh: :laugh: . There could be a stoush as to whether or not the sky was blue.

Just went to visit the site - Pet Rescue will be there too. I think someone raised a good point about being louder and prouder.

Yes, I agree to a point. I am always willing to donate my time to do demos with my dogs (4 hour round trip for a 5 min retrieving demo at a winery a few months ago) but there was such a strong emphasis on me doing everything (involving time and money) and them doing nothing (and making $$$) that I decided against it. They contacted me originally, didn't follow up as discussed and then sent emails telling me the audition day was cancelled due to an overwhelming response (huh?), please submit your proposal ASAP (huh?), thank you for proposal but you were unsuccessful (huh?). And didn't respond when I replied to those emails. Clearly generic emails sent to a mailing list but simply not helpful if you're trying to get people to volunteer their valuable time.