New Experimental Treatment For Dementia In Dogs

corvus

A student in my faculty is currently seeking volunteers for a cutting edge study in treatment for dementia in dogs. Many dogs show signs of dementia that go unnoticed or undiagnosed. If you know or suspect your dog has dementia and are in the Sydney basin area, you may wish to consider volunteering your dog for this treatment. It is a unique opportunity that may both give you more years of sound cognitive function with your dog and may also help in the treatment of human dementia as well. Contact me if you would like to know more.

Aw woulda been keen if this was melbourne, mum's/our English Setter is quietly losing it, the poor love.

He's probably past the point of being trial-worthy. His health is failing pretty significantly and it's probably not far from time, a shame all round :(

Gosh, tempting. I don't know whether Danny is getting dementia or how he presents is due just to old age. He is a Finnish Spitz cross, adopted from a pound February 2002 and estimated then to be three years old, so presumably around 14.

Where would we have to take our dogs?

I am assuming they would have to come into the University of Sydney vet clinic in Camperdown, but I really don't know. Better to ask the person running the study. I have her e-mail address, so PM me if you would like to ask her for more information.

That's great corvus. :thumbsup: Thanks for telling us about it. We've had a long line of senior dogs here. So, even tho' geography's against me.... I hope you keep us updated how things go.