Getting A New Puppy With Toddler

JRT Lover

I got an 8 week old puppy when I had a 5 mo and a 2yo.

BEing organised was the keya s wella s the fact the 5 mo was very easy going and the 2 yo already well versed with what was and was not accepted.

I had a puppy pen set up so if I had to change a nappy, puppy was scooped upa dn put in there to minimise toilet accidents or chewing issues.

Also the breeder of my puppy and I spoke at length about temperments, what I wanted, any worries I had etc etc. The puppy I got was the quietest in the litter and she told me if one of the otehrs was the only one available she wouldn't have sent me the puppy as she was very full on.

What did make me think what the hell have I done was when the baby slept through until 6.30 at least and the puppy woke me up during the night, I did laugh about it though :)

My previous dog had died 7 weeks before my baby was born and after having a rough time with his birth I was spiraling into depression. That little pup gave me something fun and positive that didn't involve bums and nappies and washing and pulled me up and out of it.

I personally think Whippets make one of the best quietest, best house/kids dogs around :)

A very sensible post & great to hear of how you sorted your situation. :thumbsup: