One Of The Consequences Of Sleeping With Dogs.

Kirislin

Dont you just hate it when that slightly gritty lumpy feeling in the bed, that you assumed was from one of the dogs going outside to the toilet and bringing in a bit of dirt on their paws actually turns out to be a little pebble of hard dry dog poo that must have popped out of their bum while they slept. I do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmmm.... never had that problem before?

Consider youself very lucky. :laugh: My dogs usually have fairly firm stools and sometimes these little pebbles pop out. It's not nice to wake up to, even though they dont smear, they're hard, but to think I've been sleeping with it. Well I can think of better things to wake up to.

:laugh: Guess you'll be washing the sheets now, or maybe you have become immune to the squalor of it all. I am sort of in that camp. We currently have something akin to dog spew on our doona cover. Dog has kennel cough and is hawking up god-knows-what and we can't be bothered washing the cover till he's over it. Slightly third-world I guess, but hey.

:laugh: Guess you'll be washing the sheets now, or maybe you have become immune to the squalor of it all. I am sort of in that camp. We currently have something akin to dog spew on our doona cover. Dog has kennel cough and is hawking up god-knows-what and we can't be bothered washing the cover till he's over it. Slightly third-world I guess, but hey.

No, not that! :laugh:

My bestie had four daccies and they all slept in bed with her and hubby. Doug the daccie was paralysed in the rear end but used to scoot around in his custom made wheelchair. One night Doug dropped a nugget in bed and my girlfriend found it in the morning much to her hubby's disgust. He was horrified and said to her " I can't beleive I've slept with a turd all night!!!" to which she calmly looked at him and replied " welcome to my world " :rofl:

Edited by stans mum

One of my pei has spey incontinence which until recently has been successfully treated with Stilboestrel tablets. They have been upped to one tab twice a week but last night I was woken at 2am with that cold wet feeling, so I stripped the bed (including the waterproof mattress protector) and remade it. I was woken again this morning when she did it again. Sad this is I only have one mattress protector and since I had already taken it off I poured vinegar through the mattress to neutralise the urine smell. I will be sleeping on a soggy bed for the next few nights whilst it dries. embarrass.gif

I currently have bloody discharge on my Donna cover and in my bed thanks to Simi. She has no desire to sleep with her puppies when my bed is so much more comfortable. I washed it after the first day but have now given up and will wait till it stops before washing it again :)

I have only had dogs pass little nuggets of poop when they are old and have some incontinence issues.

There is no way I could sleep in a bed that had been peed or pooped on, and any bitch in season or leaving discharge post babies would be confined behind a baby gate, puppy pen or crate - yuk!

My bestie had four daccies and they all slept in bed with her and hubby. Doug the daccie was paralysed in the rear end but used to scoot around in his custom made wheelchair. One night Doug dropped a nugget and my girlfriend found it in the morning much to her hubby's disgust. He was horrified and said to her " I can't beleive I've slept with a turd all night!!!" to which she calmly looked at him and replied " welcome to my world " :rofl:

Thats hilarious Stans mum LOL

I have only had dogs pass little nuggets of poop when they are old and have some incontinence issues.

There is no way I could sleep in a bed that had been peed or pooped on, and any bitch in season or leaving discharge post babies would be confined behind a baby gate, puppy pen or crate - yuk!

I agree, I could never do it :vomit:

I agree, I could never do it :vomit:

Nope, I couldn't either. They can sleep in the bedroom, but not on the bed.

ummmmm.... never had that problem before?

Consider youself very lucky. :laugh: My dogs usually have fairly firm stools and sometimes these little pebbles pop out. It's not nice to wake up to, even though they dont smear, they're hard, but to think I've been sleeping with it. Well I can think of better things to wake up to.

I bet.. poor you

(but sorry, I have to :laugh:)