Dog Friendly Cottages/lodges,etc.

Lisey

I've had a look in the pinned accommodation thread but couldn't really find what I'm looking for.

Hoping someone can recommend dog friendly accommodation for a few nights holiday in July/August. Am happy to travel up to 4 hours from Brisbane. I've done lots of beach holidays before so am looking for a different experience.

I would love somewhere 'country' or hinterland that is secluded with bushwalks nearby that the dogs can come on, possibly with a stream or dam. It must have a log fire and be cosy :)

Dogs must be allowed inside also. I've looked around northern NSW and Stanthorpe area so far.

Thanks!

We love Tailwagger's Rain Forest Retreat in the Gold Coast Hinterland at Tweed Heads. Beautiful green rolling hills, great accommodation. Just glorious... Don't forget your tick collars etc though.

The only down side to such a magnificent spot. Makes me want to go again just talking about it :laugh: :thumbsup:

Edited by BC Crazy

Tailwaggers...it is great ...here are my dogs enjoying themselves there last year

And they will look after your dogs for the day if you want to go out without them. The dogs are provided with beds, food bowls, towels etc....or at least they were when we were up there :)

Edited by sheena

We stayed at Montville Holiday House at Balmoral Lookout. You can book with the stayz.com website. It was the old postmasters house and has a lovely wood fire. The deck has an amazing view over the valley below. Our two tibbies loved it. They allow dogs inside and the deck/verandah can be secured with the gate. There is a fence around the yard but It's not foolproof so we had to keep an eye on the dogs when they were in the garden. They were happy to just sit on the deck all day and check out the surroundings near and far! Probably what they are meant to do in Tibet!! The house is well equipped for humans and dogs (heaps of dog bowls etc.) . Has a BBQ on the deck. We love the place as it is so quiet and peaceful. It will be lovely in winter.