Quality Indoor Dog Bed

Whiskered

Thanks so much again everyone for your suggestions - there have been some great ideas.

Special thanks to dyzney and BlackJaq for your input. Anne: I've looked at those beds before too but I was concerned that the sides would collapse after a few washes so its good to know they cope with being washed regularly.

I think the lyrebird furniture is something I'll look into. Their site says they can stain/paint match the furniture which is great as ours is all contemporary rather than the more colonial style stain on their website and I can sort out the cushion separately to design match our current soft furnishings. Their beds certainly fulfil all my criteria in terms of support, high sides and a non-gaudy design.

:thumbsup:

I second Anne's recommendation, Bonofido or something they are called. I have two of these (Rotty and Ridgeback). The Rotty likes to hang out of it even though it is big enough and after at least 3 years it has still not collapsed at the sides, just bounces back. I don't put it in washing machine, the fabric just wipes clean. Only down side is the cushion is not really thick enough so have added another one. Like Dyz I am a bit over the beds business so now I buy cheap pillow from Kmart and use them until they lose their bounce, then chuck them out. For the living room they have bits of foam cut to size, I made covers for them really easy and just wash the covers every couple of weeks.

I love those Lyrebird beds, if I had my own place I think I would have to have a couple of those. The rotty would not be able to hang over the sides though :)

I second Anne's recommendation, Bonofido or something they are called. I have two of these (Rotty and Ridgeback). The Rotty likes to hang out of it even though it is big enough and after at least 3 years it has still not collapsed at the sides, just bounces back. I don't put it in washing machine, the fabric just wipes clean. Only down side is the cushion is not really thick enough so have added another one. Like Dyz I am a bit over the beds business so now I buy cheap pillow from Kmart and use them until they lose their bounce, then chuck them out. For the living room they have bits of foam cut to size, I made covers for them really easy and just wash the covers every couple of weeks.

I love those Lyrebird beds, if I had my own place I think I would have to have a couple of those. The rotty would not be able to hang over the sides though :)

I only put the cushion and cover in the machine. The external part I wash down with a hose, brush and soap. I agree about the cushions and once washed they tend to eat lumpy or thin but I put a blanket underneath them and the pugs all seem happy with that,

I don't know if it would be quite big enough, but my parents just got a big dog bed from costco. it's rectangular, with "arms" on the back and one side, and by god it's comfy!! I had a cuddle with Jack on it today and I could have had a nap on it! And only $55 or so, so very cheap! Jack's a collie x lab, and it could easily fit two of him on there (if he'd share, which he wouldn't :p)