Shih Tzu Help

Purple-Bliss

Hello,

I purchased a little 3 year old Shih Tzu girl on the weekend. My question is she had puppies only a few months ago and she body wise has a long

way to go to get back into shape.

Is their something that I can put or buy to go around her belly to help get her back into shape see link below....or do you think just let her go and watch what she eats and give her lots of walks...

My link

Thanks

hi :) If she is still really 'out of shape ' perhaps she has had more than one litter previously?

Do you have photos of your concern?

Did you get any detailed info from the breeder/seller?

Whichever way ..built up her exercise slowly , so the muscles everywhere get a gradual stretch and tone .... (what is her normal exercise ?)feed her a good balanced diet ... and get her vet checked :)

if you mean she has a baggy baby belly, then just get a little tummy tuck done when she is desexed. Exercise and feeding correctly won;t help some bitches who can lose their underline with just one litter, some after a few litters while others always bounce back their shape.

The belly bands are for males who cock their leg in the house

T

he belly bands are for males who cock their leg in the house
the O P was referring to a product sold for human mothers ... which can apparently get rid of baby belly in no time flat :(

Purple-Bliss :) if you can take a couple of photos of your girl showing that droop ... perhaps we can help more ?

When we first got Renae (from a registered breeder), she still had a post puppies tummy, saggy boobies, tattered ears and tail from puppies chewing on them. We just fed her normally and gave her some light exercise (in the beginning). She came good and was able to fit back into her bikini eventually laugh.gif She had 2 litters of puppies in her time as a Mummy.

I would do what others have suggested and have a general check over by a vet, it won't hurt , and yes get her desexed :)

Would love to see a pic of her smile.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

When we first got Renae (from a registered breeder), she still had a post puppies tummy, saggy boobies, tattered ears and tail from puppies chewing on them. We just fed her normally and gave her some light exercise (in the beginning). She came good and was able to fit back into her bikini eventually :laugh:

She's the kind of bitch we love to hate :laugh: 8 yrs on and I am still not back in my bikini :cry:

Hello,

I purchased a little 3 year old Shih Tzu girl on the weekend. My question is she had puppies only a few months ago and she body wise has a long

way to go to get back into shape.

Is their something that I can put or buy to go around her belly to help get her back into shape see link below....or do you think just let her go and watch what she eats and give her lots of walks...

My link

Thanks

My first question would be "how many litters has she had?". A three year old dog in some hands would have had four or so litters. She won't bounce back if she's been bred every season she's had.

My first suggestion would be a full vet check up and a visit to a chiropractor. Pregnancy can be hard on the spine.

When we first got Renae (from a registered breeder), she still had a post puppies tummy, saggy boobies, tattered ears and tail from puppies chewing on them. We just fed her normally and gave her some light exercise (in the beginning). She came good and was able to fit back into her bikini eventually :laugh:

She's the kind of bitch we love to hate :laugh: 8 yrs on and I am still not back in my bikini :cry:

laugh.gif

I never had kids, and ive never been in good shape regardless , getting worse as im getting older ! embarrass.gif

I'm a bit concerned that you are thinking of putting something around the dog to change her shape.

Is this your first dog? Did the former owner get her vet checked before selling the dog to you?

I think the OP is just trying to find ways to help make her dog comfortable. Saggy bellies can be very uncomfortable. :)

laugh.gif

I never had kids, and ive never been in good shape regardless , getting worse as im getting older ! embarrass.gif

getting back in shape implies that one was in shape to begin with...if only!

T

he belly bands are for males who cock their leg in the house
the O P was referring to a product sold for human mothers ... which can apparently get rid of baby belly in no time flat :(

Purple-Bliss :) if you can take a couple of photos of your girl showing that droop ... perhaps we can help more ?

oh ok, the link would not open for me.

I got a 2 yr old bitch who had been used for breeding, her tum went up only a little bit, its the first thing people ask me ' is she having pups", as its still droopy.

Pop to the vet to make sure all is ok, good food and exercise, but sometimes it just won't go back, depends on how fit they were before too, mine was a kennel dog who is lazy so figured she never had a washboard tum anyway :laugh: