Looking For Dog Food Without...

Thanks wm..unfortunatly im yet to find a good supplier of things hes not allergic to anywhere accessible.

I have just asked ziwipeak for a venison sample so hopefully they come through and hes not allergic..

Will do some more googling based on other suggestions :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you have a local Woolworths (Safeway in Vic I think) but they should stock human grade roo mince and roo steaks. I buy my guys the human grade stuff because I can't be bothered tracking down any local pet suppliers, especially since I don't give it all that often anyway.

Hi juice and river roo meat is not readilly acessible here. We are a holiday town an roo disspears from the supermarkets when the tourists arrive .i guess other meat sells better..though that said theyre mostly dissapearing now - the tourists that is.

If theres a good stock of roo mince I might just try the roo and van thing for a while. Havent seen roo mince at the supermarket in so long I hadnt thought of this . Cheers for the suggestion - definitly a viable option once the roo turns up again :)

If you want to make a trip to stock up, check out D and D pets foods website they are in Seaford and have a great range of fresh foods. If it takes you 50mins to get to Frankston its less then another 10mins to get to it.

Edited to add go to their shop on line section to see their whole range.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

Bonnie Working Dog made by Purina is kangaroo based but I'm not certain on detailed ingredients. You could check a package if it is of interest.

No longer, it's now a mix and contains chook

Well that's crap!! Many moons ago it only contained kangeroo then added beef and I could no longer feed it

Rascal - I just read the D&D website and they DELIVER FREE to my area once a week!!! I'm gobsmacked!!! I had no idea this company existed :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant:

They seem to have plenty of raw beef and roo products so I could go back to mince and VAN with a few bones thrown in. Hopefully they area careful about cleaning the mincing equipment so we dont have a contamination problem again.

You've made my April :happydance2::rock:

Bonnie Working Dog made by Purina is kangaroo based but I'm not certain on detailed ingredients. You could check a package if it is of interest.

No longer, it's now a mix and contains chook

Well that's crap!! Many moons ago it only contained kangeroo then added beef and I could no longer feed it

Yes it used to be a very good quality product, then around 2000 something changed and both myself and some other I knew noticed it. Then Nestle took over and it was all down hill from there.

If your dog reacts to those meats in kibble the situation might not be the same with raw food -- worth a try, most dogs I've heard of that supposedly were allergic to e.g. chicken (in dry food) have been just fine with raw chicken.

Sas - I understood there are no particular 'tests' for food allergies? We did an elimination diet with him, under vet supervision, from when he was five months old. Trying to be a good puppy owner I'd changed his diet over from advance puppy kibble to raw by the time he was 3.5 months old. His raw diet consisted of a lot of lamb bones and sardines as they were readilly available and cheap :o The poor little thing was a mess of raw supperating and bleeding skin until we did the elimination diet and worked out the problem food.

When re-introducing foods he reacted very strongly to lamb and to sardines. Beef, chicken and roo were all fine. When re-introducing other types of fish, pork and turkey there was a reaction but never enough for me to be 100% certain it was just the food - he's also allergic to kykuyu and couch grass (though I've never had him tested as with food management and avoiding grass as much as possible his reactions are manageable). I tend to avoid all fish, pork and turkey as precaution.

I haven't come across Augustine Approved before - thank you for the lead I will definitly look into them too.

Hockz - I know he reacts to those meats in kibble because I've done the elimination diet mentioned above feeding him the raw meat to test his reaction. If he has reacted to the raw meat - I avoid that in kibble.

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

es it used to be a very good quality product, then around 2000 something changed and both myself and some other I knew noticed it. Then Nestle took over and it was all down hill from there.

yes! :( :(

It used to be fantastic food ..and Aussie owned/made.