Breeding Permits Gold Coast?

StarsHollow

i've recently moved from vic to the gold coast and was reading about this topic in the breeders community, for some reason i couldnt comment

I recently registered my 2 entire females and nothing was said to me about needing a breeders permit, i will eventually be breeding, if my girl ever decides to come into heat !!!

can someone shed some light please??

we are currently renting, a standard suburban house, until we find an area we like and want to buy

Thanks in advance

Cathy

Have you tried phoning the Gold Coast council, animal division? I have a couple of friends on the Gold Coast that breed and they have had to apply for a breeders permits. They have also had their property's inspected.

Good luck and welcome to the Gold Coast

i've recently moved from vic to the gold coast and was reading about this topic in the breeders community, for some reason i couldnt comment

I can't help you with Gold Coast information, but the reason you couldn't comment is that the Breeders Forum is a restricted access forum. There is a pinned thread at the top of that forum which sets out the criteria for access, if you meet them just pm Troy and ask for access.

Have you tried phoning the Gold Coast council, animal division? I have a couple of friends on the Gold Coast that breed and they have had to apply for a breeders permits. They have also had their property's inspected.

Good luck and welcome to the Gold Coast

No i only saw that post yesterday and only paid their registration very recently, so was surprised after reading this post that it wasnt mentioned to me, we probably wont stay in the house we are in now as its not exactly what we want so not sure what to do.....thanks for your assitance though!!

Don't forget your former states controlling body membership is not transferable to Queensland.

You will have to take out new membership for Dogs Queensland.

Your Prefix can however be transferred.

Welcome to Queensland.

Hi there. I live in Coomera and I am a registered breeder with a Gold Coast Council permit. You apply to the council (I think the gentleman that handles this is called Norton). He comes out and inspects your property, records, food preparation area, dog accommodation, fences etc. You are subject to further inspections and the permit is not permanent. I think it is for three years and all dogs must be registered with the council.

This information is correct as far as I know, but best to check with the people in charge.

It was not a particularly onerous procedure and I was glad to be "legal" formally. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me :)

And, of course, welcome to Qld!

Edited by Mr woolley

• 2 weeks later...