Basset Fauve De Bretagne

Reese&Mia

:) lovely dogs ..but maybe not the best for someone with mobility problems?

have you looked twice ( or even once) at French Bulldogs ? :) They are SUCH good company ... I have only ever trained one ..and thought she was just the absolute loveliest personality :)

cute photos HERE if you want a look :)

I will look into them thx :-)

My in laws who where not very active due to health problems, had Australian terriers.They had very good recall and were happy getting most of their exercise running in the yard while there owners where sitting outside.They would sit quietly inside happy to be with their people.

Another breed to look at is the Glen of Imaal.Or perhaps a Dandie Dinmont Terrier;but they need a bit more grooming.

And you can't go wrong with a Cavalier spaniel.I had 2 ; they are quiet gorgeous little dogs.

My in laws who where not very active due to health problems, had Australian terriers.They had very good recall and were happy getting most of their exercise running in the yard while there owners where sitting outside.They would sit quietly inside happy to be with their people.

Another breed to look at is the Glen of Imaal.Or perhaps a Dandie Dinmont Terrier;but they need a bit more grooming.

And you can't go wrong with a Cavalier spaniel.I had 2 ; they are quiet gorgeous little dogs.

The glen of imaal is around 17 kg. They're short not small.

So long it small, and doesnt shed like crazy. I prefer short coat.

If you want non-shedding, the length of the coat is then going to be mostly dependent on how long you have it clipped.

it can shed, just not like a pug would is what I meant :-)

We board alot of Jack Russell's & find the ones from good breeders to be very laid back & easy to live with .Even at Dog shows they are more sensible than many other breeds so i wouldn't rule them out .

After that you are limited .

Although if a bit of coat work is doable you have the Border Terrier ,Cairns i think are awesome family dogs.

Cavalier K C S's coat doesn't seem to bad, like shorter then longer kind of coat. According to what I read they are small about 8kg? Which is quite good. There is a couple of Breeder near my are (from DOGZONLINE breeders page), I might pop by and have a look, and chat with them...:)

I would absolutely NOT recommend a Jack Russell given the possiblity that exercise could be limited at times. I adore this breed but they are not for everyone and are very active.

Then we must board alot of reject JR & i must interact with non typical JR at shows & that covers varying states

In all my years we have come across one very hyper JR & that was owner encouraged ,all the others wonderful loyal dogs that switch on & off.

Super manners & live in little backyard certainly not walked all the time but happy family members.

Well bred, well raised very active dogs have an on and off switch though. I have met Cos' JRT and he is very well behaved. To the casual observer he could look placid. However, he gets plenty of walks and training.

An active dog with no outlet will eventually lose its off switch. Maybe the dogs that you have met have owners who have satisfied their drive?

French Bulldogs are amazing for company especially in the situation you find yourself in with mobility, they do love to be the centre of attention and with children amazing, I have had them since 1982 and could not be without at least two or three :)

Have attached a picture of a litter and there maybe one available.

They do not care if they go for walks or not just as long as they have their humans for company.

I walk mine every day except the really hot days.

Their grooming requirements are minimal, faces and back ends washed each day and a flint stone through their coats once a week keeps them spick and span.

post-6593-0-57501000-1365397296_thumb.jpg

Well bred, well raised very active dogs have an on and off switch though. I have met Cos' JRT and he is very well behaved. To the casual observer he could look placid. However, he gets plenty of walks and training.

An active dog with no outlet will eventually lose its off switch. Maybe the dogs that you have met have owners who have satisfied their drive?

These are normal owners

I hear the same comment with my breed like you need a masters degree to own because "there so active"

Some are more but not everyone is & they certainly thrive in pet homes with what ever the owners give .

But i can't imagine & JR being anymore work than a Fauve hunting & digging in the backyard .

Any breed has its pitfalls all breeds have on/off switches to what there chosen poison is

Well it's a good thing my boys reactive or one of those frenchies could well come live here!! Seriously though they are the clowns of the dog world and love people and kids. And if you get one you have to put pictures on the Frenchie thread.