Importing Dog From Canada

koyuki

Good evening,

I apologise if this topic has already been covered, i am having a hard time navigating the forum...

My partner and i are importing a dog from Canada, and we are now in the process of researching all the DAFF requirements.

I was wondering if anybody else has imported from Canada, and if anybody is aware of Government approved veterinarians and laboratories? Is that the exporters responsibility or the importers?

Its all very confusing to say the least!

I appreciate any advice or information that can be provided.

:)

Thanks for your time.

Hi, I have not imported from Canada, but have imported from England. The breeder I went through already went to a GA approved vet, so we didn't have to find one. I'd say its maybe a half and half deal. Should be easy enough for you to contact vets in your breeders area by email and then give her/ him a list to choose from. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about importing.

Also, since you don't have a quarantine station in SA, I'd recommend contacting wayrod on this forum about flights, he organised my dogs flight from melb to Perth.

Please speak to Wayrod (on this forum) he can arrange "everything" for you.

Saves a lot of problems and mistakes on behalf of people that are not quite sure what to do.

Mistakes can cost extra time in the country of departure. :)

Mistakes can cost extra time in the country of departure. :)

OR in Quarantine here. Yes, IMO getting expert help is definitely the way to go. Can save a LOT of problems (and potentially a lot of dollars too)