This May Be In The Wrong Forum?

persephone

Just wondering? female/young pretty well bombproof .... where can I ask?Thanks.

NOT for me .

Well until I went back and read the 'Boxer' bit in the sub-heading, I thought it was maybe very much in the wrong forum!

:bolt:

Just wondering? female/young pretty well bombproof .... where can I ask?Thanks.

NOT for me .

Well until I went back and read the 'Boxer' bit in the sub-heading, I thought it was maybe very much in the wrong forum!

:bolt:

:rofl:

I was about to suggest the singles thread :p

:rofl: Diva and Minimax....

What state is the person in Pers? There are Boxer Rescues in some states (a very good one here in WA). Or are you looking for one that a breeder is looking to re-home?

There is a Doler active in the rescue forum who may be able to help match up a rescue if that is of interest?

Edited to add: The rescue contacts listed in the rescue forum give details for Nalacleo in NSW and Dagmar Scherer (Boxer rescue network). Not sure if Nalacleo is still active, but Dagmar definitely is. I was in contact with Dagmar recently.

:)

Edited by trinabean

:) thanks ... South Australian person is interested -but I am trying to talk her out of it :p She has two small dogs already .... much loved and cared for ,but is no longer as agile as she once was ..has lots of steps/some very steep stairs and I am concerned about a gangly pup zooming about ....

BUT I said i'd ask :)

:) thanks ... South Australian person is interested -but I am trying to talk her out of it :p She has two small dogs already .... much loved and cared for ,but is no longer as agile as she once was ..has lots of steps/some very steep stairs and I am concerned about a gangly pup zooming about ....

BUT I said i'd ask :)

If they want bombproof they need an adult. Try the Boxer clubs for a retired show dog.

Boxer rescue network on Facebook always has links to Boxers needing homes. Generally some dogs of mature years.

For the person/situation you descibed Pers, I think an older dog sounds like a better idea than a young one.

One who is used to smaller dogs would be ideal. A young dog might be a bit too full-on for her current little dogs too?

She sounds sweet Mita. :)

At 13 months she'll still be very puppyish. I think many boxers keep a puppy outlook for most of their lives. :laugh:

Trina, we lived next door to a boxer named Sam. He kept his young spirit forever. Everyone in the neighbourhood loved him, no matter what he did. He had not one mean bone in his body.

Oh, I know it's O/T, Trina. But the Sam stories were legendary. He'd go for walks with my dad who'd have our small dog on a lead. Sam would politely take the lead himself.

He was a devil for finding a way out when his owners were at work. He'd swing by the corner store & help himself to a packet of potato chips from the display near the door. When the meat truck was delivering to the butcher & had ramp down, Sam would pop in and help himself to a bit of meat. No one ever dobbed him in.

People would routinely take him back to his house & put him in his yard. Soon after, Sam would pay them a visit to thank them. As far as he was concerned, that was now a life-long friendship.

Sam believed life was full of adventures and friends. Gotta love boxers. :)

Edited by mita

• 2 weeks later...

A young adult female has been bought from a breeder ... pedigreed apparently, but not good enough for showing- that's all I know . Everyone seems happy so far ! :)

Great news. :)