Discharge In Pregnant Bitch

Remarkabull

Another one for the breeders.

My bitch is 5 and a half weeks pregnant and I noticed this morning when I let her out to the toilet that there was a clearish, mucus like discharge. It came out with her urine and she obviously knew it was there as she quickly sat and dragged herself on the ground to get rid of it.

I'm assuming its normal, but I haven't been around a pregnant bitch in years and I can't remember if this happened when I was caring for my ex's pregnant BT.

So, should I be concerned or not?

If i doubt get a swab taken. There is always going to be flora present in any swab however, if it comes back positive fot strep g, then the bitch will need ab's the week before she whelps.

Some owners and vets will put their bitch on AB's regardless but in my opinion it's overkill and not in the best interests of the developing puppies.

Thanks all. I didn't think it was anything to worry about but wanted to check. It appears to only happen first thing in the morning and she is fine in all others aspects, except for getting huge and not wanting to do anything but eat and sleep :)