Long Termer Gains Freedom

Guest muttrus

Guest muttrus

Impounded january 11th released march 13th My great dane x foster --Thankyou to rescuer and volunteer driver for getting him from blacktown pound to the Illawarra

Meet Emmit Dane x

I guess we should get the formalities out of the way before I tell you what I think.Emmit was impounded on January 11th Released on March 13th To me .Thats all I know so today Emmit is reborn.

Wonderful volunteer drivers picked emmit up from the pound and were kind hearted to drive some 2 hours so Emmit would no longer see bars again. Out of the car he was allowed to roam the front yard .The cat should have moved but her penalty for being so slow resulted in a slobber no cat wishes to admit .After a good sniff around and a mini foxy using his back leg as a pole dance it was time to meet the resident Bull Arab and another Dane .With Emmit being the tallest of the 3 he tried to assert his authority .BIG MISTAKE Arab 1 Dane 0 and a sore leg for his effort .I stood ready with the hose in case they couldn't”t sort it out. Lesson one learnt we all entered the back yard .

Emmit with some built up energy to burn soon found FETCH was the way to go .30 minutes of me throwing the stuffed kiwi bird had Emmit enjoying every bit .He even brought it right back for me to continue with the game. He soon realised Emmit ment him and he was accommodating to sit each time I asked .

Kiwi bird now simply too wet and gross to throw anymore Emmit turned his paw at a game of ball YEP those long legs were certainly ment for ball games even if it resulted in a face plant now and then. Its now been two hours since Emmit arrived and while we are still getting to know each other so far I can tell you he is gentle around a 7 year old has no issues with little dogs or cats knows basic commands LOVES to play quirky legs and all .He was only de-sexed two days ago so there is still some “”manhood feeling”” in him but it will disappear and calm feelings will be soon flowing through his lanky body .He loves pats but a bit unsure what a cuddle is really all about I haven”t heard him bark yet but I guess with either a stuffed kiwi bird in his mouth or the ball its a bit hard to say anything.

Size really is your issue not his he maybe tall thin and all legs but it doesn't”t mean he doesn't”t have manners ar will eat for days .Exercise isn”t an over the top issue playing in the backyard is just as stimulating .I guess the only thing would be the jokes you would encounter while out for a walk the word “”horse “” springs to mind!

Its early days yet and I'm still yet to find out all Emmit has to show me but that shouldn't”t mean you have to wait IF a tall goofy loving happy dog with the occasional drool is just what you had in mind then why not send an email or give me a call and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have

post-33936-0-88265400-1363164813_thumb.jpg

post-33936-0-15198000-1363164769_thumb.jpg

Guest muttrus

awww he is beautiful and must be so grateful he found you :)

Thankyou but all I did was offer him a place here as a foster dog rescuer saved him my volunter driver drove him hahahah

post-33936-0-96228500-1363226473_thumb.jpgpost-33936-0-32286500-1363226489_thumb.jpg