Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to pick holes in it. For example Bear, age 14 and seeing the vet for injections twice a year (if true), initial vet checks passed him but how long ago was that? Brandy, they are conceding to possibility of sores on the hocks and saying it would be because of the leg removed. If that's the case then treat and put in a suitable enclosure so she isn't getting pressure sores! I won't give them any more ideas (they are sunk anyway) but I'm sure everyone can see what I'm saying for themselves.

Its All about how its reported and who is on your side it would appear. He should shut up- the chances they can beat it now are slim and all "rescue" should have a process for incoming animals where they are assessed and treated ,processed with a management plan drawn up for them as and when they arrive.

given they want Vic breeders to not only have health management plans, but breeding plan and retirement plans for each and every animal in our care, would think that if we have to do it, then shelters certainly should, since the chances that animals coming into their care are going to have medical or age related issues is far greater than a breeder. Just sayin

And had no idea that it was simply OK to just ask other volunteers, or indeed just the vet nurse, about treatment of animals, and do so with their approval, why that is far better than paying a pesky vet, who afterall, has only had more years of training and experience, for their advice, when in Vic, we are going to have to get our vets approval for each and every thing our animals eat, play with, and fornicate with, and indeed for how long they can mate too (or even if they should be mated, and not just retired out in accordance with our vet approved retirement plan).

No Kill doesn't mean no responsibilty or no liability, quality of life is more important that quantity. Hopefully this will ensure others doing the same or similar take note and hopefully provide the adequate care and housing of all animals that they take in. Being an ethical and responsible shelter means making hard decisions based on the animals welfare not our own emotions. Each animal that comes in should have it's own file with notes and photos so that they have a history from the moment they walk through the door so in cases like this "where the kitten arrived last night" they can provide evidence even if it is small

I did caution a supporter on the Adelaide Now page about going off when a court case is coming up as it can be detrimental to the shelter [although at this stage, I think it's past detrimental and halfway down the passage]. Did quieten down some there.

I did, because I'm nosy. Can set it up so they don't appear in your newsfeed, just make a new interest and add them to it. Then just click and read when you want to. Once it's all over can just delete it all. Doesn't stop things appearing in the right hand ticker, but tbh I seldom read that.

Seems a little bit silly detailing their defence of the charges in public like that - just gives the RSPCA a better standing for their prosecution by allowing them the chance to refute each item on the list before it gets to court.

T.

I still can't believe the number of people who just want to jump on the cause and ignore those who post something about their experiences there. Two different people wrote about being attacked by a dog on a chain, one woman about how the dogs were filthy and in cages where they couldn't get out of the rain. She saw Lola hand a pup over for $50 to some people that were being very rough with it. I can't remember the rest. It is very ironic that they bleat about being banned from the rspca page yet call people trolls who want to post something on their page and ban them. I was banned without even posting because I have been honest about conditions on here. Seeing saint Lola is a joke, very few of those supporters have even been anywhere near the place. The rspca will bury them now, they should have acted earlier, they had enough reports from locals but now they will go for broke. So thankfully this hellhole will be closed.

Applying for charity status has always been voluntary - it is only ever been required if you want the tax exemptions and the ability to give tax deductible receipts. As iof anyone ever Had to have charity status - he should shut up.

The RSPCA seldom lose in court...unless they don't by some weird twist of fate.

I give them 10 points for having faith, but I don't think this will end the way they're hoping it will.

Nor do I.

:confused: being a charity always was voluntary. It depended on how you want to run your org.

Having permission to fundraise varies from state to state and is a different process to the ATO registration. If a state says you need it to ask for money then you go apply.

Registering with the ACNC (Charities Commission) is what was voluntary, unless you want to apply for gift deductibility.

The rest, I don't know but that bit isn't correct and the rebukes of what action is being taken against them needs to stop.

They need lawyers ASAP. :( This is so sad to see.

eta: oops Steve sorry to repeat your post.

Edited by Powerlegs

Awwww, don't be too hard on them guys, they have to share a precious few brain cells between a lot of them :laugh: The fact is the rspca will win because I have no doubt they have the right evidence this time. This is no kill at it's worst. I cannot wait till the truth comes out about this hell hole and what Lola really gets up to. Lynching, figures :mad

ETA, I bet Mark ends up defending them if allowed, they won't get anyone else and wouldn't that be some kind of spectacle :eek:

Edited by Reverend Jo

I try not to be harsh as would hate to be in that predicament. I'd always believed Moorook were doing good [had never been up there though so was going on the say so of others...my cousin got a kelpie x from there late last year], but now, I'm still not sure exactly - but from what I've been reading here mainly...there is genuine cause for concern. Have to let the justice system take care of it.