It's 10 Yrs Since We Had Pups In Our House

Marion 01

Well it's 10 years on saturday since our "babies" were born to an oops mating, four girls, all of whom we kept. So now after all those years we have two, four month old TT pups that have come into our lives, so the stack of toys that the others played with and who of late were just sitting on the floor in a group, are now being played with full time. I forgot about removing the eyes, but never fear that was the first job the two furkids started working on, so this morning Goofy who was starting to come unsewn around the neck had the full job done, eyes out and sewn up again, and head removed from body and sewn, now he is a head and a separate body. Pluto had his eyes partly removed by the kids, so I removed them and sewed up the hole. He is good to go again. Early last year K9angel sent me some squeaky toys, so the kids have grabbed them and I showed them how to sqeak them, well they never shut up. The oldies are getting used to having two boisterous littlies around, and so are we. Gone are the sleepins we were so enjoying, pups are up at the first sign of light and rearing to go. Maddie, the finer girl already sleeps on the bed as she has been able to get up on it for a while, whereas Mia who is a bit more solid still has to manage the jump. I forgot what it was like to have pups around. Life is never dull now.

They get you moving, don't they? :) Sounds like you are really enjoying your new bubs (even though sleep-ins are a distant memory). I bet they are gorgeous.

I'm keeping a collection of all the limbs, noses, tails, snouts, antennae and other miscellaneous body parts that get chewed off toys round here.

I am enjoying having them Mudlark, they are so funny and naughty. Have had many toy parts over the years, even had a stuffingless teddy which all the dogs at the time thought was great. Yeh I think sleepins will be a thing of the past until they get a bit older. They are pretty laid back really, as they have not had much attention until we got them, but they do like me brushing and combing them which is a necessity for the breed.