Scaling Dogs Teeth

:confused: sorry what books?

The books that say chewing/gnawing bones keep dogs' teeth sparkling :p

Clearly she hasn't and I'd love her to learn to brush her own teeth, that chicken flavoured toothpaste makes ME want to gag :laugh:

Yes! it is completely revolting! I wish I had never bought it

I should clarify after reading my post again that the "smell" of the chicken toothpaste makes me gag. I'm not actually using it myself when the colgate runs out :laugh: Boronia are you having any success with the brushing? I'm hopeless and it's not Maddie's fault she's great, she just sits there and lets you do anything but I struggle getting the ones up the back.

I do my dogs when they are very tired, less likely to move.

I also start at the bottom and work my way up to the gums, to hopefully prevent me from stabbing them.

I flick the tarter away rather then scraping it.

Sway, when you finish your guys, you are more than welcombe to try doing mine. Uggghh who would think that shelties can be so strong when it comes to scaling their teeth. Have two that make such a song & dance about it, I just let them go. You would think I was pulling their teeth out :D

Sway, while you are at it, you can do mine too :)

Sway,I had a look at your scaler that Clyde posted in the earlier post, do you sell the flat ended ones? The ones on your site look so sharp and pointed I'm nervous to use it.

By the way, the coat of your danes are amazing, what are you feeding them?

Edited by giraffez

I've been using some old pointy tweezers on the D, but just bought some off Sway to use instead - good price :)

He gets bone everyday, but has some plaque up on his canines. Taz (malt x) has some as well, but he has just started eating bones so it might go away. I am able to do Taz's and my old cats with just my fingernail

Sway, while you are at it, you can do mine too :)

Sway,I had a look at your scaler that Clyde posted in the earlier post, do you sell the flat ended ones? The ones on your site look so sharp and pointed I'm nervous to use it.

By the way, the coat of your danes are amazing, what are you feeding them?

I only sell the pointy ones.

My dogs are on show stopper and lots of grooming.

Awesome Sway! I've been procrastinating about doing my boy's teeth before the Royal but have just bought one of yours and it looks like it will make life much easier. :thumbsup:

Mine get bones which are great for cleaning back teeth. But as my breed have such a long jaw, and chew most bones with their back teeth, canines in particular can still get a build up - even with bucketloads of bones. The only bones I've ever had that cleaned front teeth as well were whole sheep heads (not for the faint hearted!). As they spent days on them, tearing all the bits off the heavy bones with their front teeth, they worked beautifully. But not that easy to come across unfortunately...

I scale my dogs teeth if and when they need it - which is rarely - with a hand scaler. None of my dogs ahve ever required a GA and scale polish. One did get them done once when he had to get a tooth removed.

OT Sway but do you sell sterile Staple guns?

OT Sway but do you sell sterile Staple guns?

I used to but not anymore.

I can source them for you if you need.

If you could get me a price please it would be much appreciated, sorry about the OT :o

Edited by OSoSwift