Hypothetical.

Blackdogs

In that kind of climate my Samoyeds would be useless, they would suffer too much during the day. If it was a cold climate I would want my Samoyeds, they would help me hunt, haul, protect and keep me warm during the nights. Everything the breed was created for.

In the climate described however I would be looking at a Rotti or maybe a GSD.

If it was the island from Lost I'd want a whole pack of livestock Guardians :laugh:

The breed I'd like to have in that situation would be a Newfoundland that I could use as a hairy raft to escape with my other dogs, Tibetan Spaniels, to the mainland. The Tibbies with their buddhist nature would remind me to Stay Calm and Paddle.

Not all greyhounds Aussie. If I was stranded with Stan he would just stare at me until we got rescued or carked it.

If it was freezing at night he would be complaining he didn't have his jammies :laugh:

Oh well, I suppose you could always eat him! :provoke:

I think I'd starve to death first. If he really had to kill something for food he wouldn't let me have any...he's not very good at sharing when it comes to food.

Mine would probably trip me over, causing me to break my ankle, then we would all sit down quietly and wait to die, because they're useless, and I'd have a broken ankle. Though they'd be pretty good for cuddling up to at night :)

Actually, I think that might be a bit of a lie. My lot would probably chase all the birds off the island, and get attacked by the wildlife (everything seems to know they're idiots and nothing is scared of them), and THEN, we would sit down quietly and wait to die. Does that make them less than useless?