Humping Pug

Alecsplace

My friend cares for her sons 5yr old Pug & 6month British Bulldog & it's been a pleasure up until the last few days.

The Pug has been so tolerant to the Bull Dogs puppy antics but something mustve happened to change them.

Now, the Pug constantly tries to hump the Bully & any end will do. Theyve had to be seperated with a doorway blocked but that pug is on a mission.They cant even be walked together.

Can someone please recomend a deterant?

Both boys are entire, the pug has never shown any sexual desires in his 5yrs so this is new .

Even the heavy breathing has become an issue & the poor puppy is becoming stressed.

I'm thinking maybe it's a power action but have no idea what can be done about that. The Bulldog is just developing testicles so maybe exhibiting testosterone symptoms.

It has become a stressful situation for all concerned

The Pug with his antics is just displaying dominance as the Bulldog is getting older he is letting him know who the boss is.

I would definitely keep a close eye on them as being two entire males it could end up in fighting once the younger dog reaches maturity.

I would be thinking of desexing one or both to avoid a nasty confrontation in the not too distant future.

I think Mjosa is spot on. We had a similar situation when we minded a friends entire male pug. As our staff pup reached around six months the pug would constantly mount my little guy. I was forced to start stepping in as i could see my staff becoming more and more frustrated. He even turned and barked at the pug one of the first times i herd him bark and the only time i have seen hime react to a dog that way. closely monitor dont let it go to far. They will sort themselves out eventually. My friends pug and my little fella get on like a house on fire now with the pug seemingly taken on the top spot betwen the two.