It Can't Be :(

Kirislin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: What about moi ?? :cry: . I eat 'nanas every day and I shure as hell don't look as good as Kibah.

DD, how can I put this delicately. Genes count, too! :) :) :)

You are such a comfort :cry: .

Actually genes are a bit on my side at least in terms of longevity: Fraternal grandpappy died at 99, Daddy died at 91, Maternal grandpappy died at 77 because he fell off his horse, Mummy died at 83.

Genes and having a mummy like Kirislin will definitely be to Kibah's advantage.

:confused: What about moi ?? :cry: . I eat 'nanas every day and I shure as hell don't look as good as Kibah.

DD, how can I put this delicately. Genes count, too! :) :) :)

You are such a comfort :cry: .

Actually genes are a bit on my side at least in terms of longevity: Fraternal grandpappy died at 99, Daddy died at 91, Maternal grandpappy died at 77 because he fell off his horse, Mummy died at 83.

Genes and having a mummy like Kirislin will definitely be to Kibah's advantage.

Kibah sure has a lot on her side. Plus her general condition looks so good.

Sounds like you're here for a long time, DD. :thumbsup: But how can I put this delicately (I've got to stop saying that! )? It was Kibah's good looks you were envying.

Back OT. Only this morning I was talking with a friend about how advanced vet medicine now is, in the treatment of cancers. Her dog has been treated.

Edited by mita

FAR OUT FAR OUT FAR OUT!!!! I'M SO EXCITED I'M YELLING!!!! Andrew's just been and looked at Kibahs eye and said, "sit on it, dont do anything just yet" He said tumours in dogs eyes are extremely rare and he thinks it's an intrastromal bleed. I hope I've spelt that correctly. I questioned him about it because I can see it's changed since I first noticed it, and I got him to take notice of the way it's almost coming to a point now, like a pimple that comes to a head, but he still said dont do anything yet, just watch it. He's coming back in about 3 weeks and he's got 2 patients here now, Kibah and Pagan (mare).

Phew, I feel like getting drunk, I'm so happy. I said to him, I could kiss you but that's inappropriate and he agreed with me and said no no, dont do that :laugh:.

thankyou all for your good wishes and advice I hadn't intended to get a second opinion until some of you suggested it here, I was so resigned to her loosing her eye, and now that there's a bright glimmer of hope I feel as if I've won the lottery.

He's so kind, I know he was in a hurry to get home but even before he asked me about Pagan he said now what's this with your sick dog and then after he'd looked at Pagan he came into the kitchen and we plonked Kibie up on the kitchen counter for her exam. :laugh: She should feel at ease up there, she gets up enough when my back is turned.

Doesn't look very nice :( Hope it isn't worst case senario, all finegrs and paws crossed.

I have said many times to owners the dogs cope fine etc etc, but yeh totally different kettle of fish when it's your own :(

Exactly, just yesterday I was trying to reassure someone else that I know a dog who's had both her eyes removed and she is coping really well, and then suddenly, later that day I discover this on Kibah and I've changed my tune. I know it's just the shock and worry of it all though. I'd still rather have her eye taken out than the alternative. I feel Kibah still has a few good years left in her, the darling.

She's been getting a bit spoilt today. :o

Taking your own advise is the hardest advise of all to take.

Take your emotions out of the equation and think about what advise would you give someone else in the same situation... this is the advise you should follow.

Hope it all works out for you all. :crossfingers::pray: