A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

I posted this in the Aussie thread, but here is Nova with his best mate Brock the greyhound for comparison.

Nova is 10 months :)

1509855_10152097848160787_818933717_n.jpg

Top view to see how wide his ribs and butt is compared to Brockie!

148892_10152097848860787_1354753626_n.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow he's gotten big! Our pups are the exact same age! Didi's quite similar she's got an XL car harness and that is going to be too tight soon, she's 26kg(maybe more now) and her head comes to about mid thigh at 5 and a half months. Out of nowhere she's turned from cute flabby puppy to a fit and muscly athlete, when she runs you can see all her muscles ripple and her hind legs are crazy!I must get a good photo of her standing up sometime soon.

We've got a few dams on the property that he loves. He also gets freerunning in the paddocks and runs with me in the forest. I'm doing couch to 5k ( one day I'll finish it) Normally i get him to do a few intervals pulling and then he gets to freerun.. Don't want to push him too much.. but then I'm SLOW! :laugh:

1970496_10153775430865391_1758089000_n.jpg

(old photo is old)

Nothing wears Didi out like the beach. She will literally just swim around you in circles for an hour if you let her and today we finally cracked the concept of fetch so now she can go far into the water without us getting wet :thumbsup:

One time I went to the beach to actually swim and Didi followed me out to the deep end (I couldn't even touch the bottom) and decided I was a good option to climb on top of! She was only about 18kg at the time but still almost bloody drowned me silly puppy :laugh: I now stick to knee or thigh height water around her...

That's so cool Lisa! Congratulations!

Lovely to see so many nice pics of everyone's gorgeous big puppies :)

Will have to see if I can find a niceish current pic...

We had a new low this morning - I'd put a little pile of hair just outside the shower when I was washing my hair (so it wouldn't clog up the drain), and guess what? Yep, he ate it... :( Gross!!

It will be great getting some free food Lisa! Maybe this will be the start of a fruitful modelling career for Nova :)

Yeah, Nix loves eating his own hair too. I can't believe he ate mine though! And he knew he was being naughty cos he did a runner when I tried to get it back! Then sat there munching away and staring at me.

Don't feel bad. Last night I bought 2kg of brown rice and ran to get the other shopping bag from the car and the black ninja took off with the rice and ate 2kg of rice on his own....I literally only worked it out this morning when he crapped pure rice. I was so confused, they looked like maggots! I saw the wrapper in his kennel on the way back in (to consult Dr Google and ask if worm eggs look like maggots, even though I know they don't...).

He knew he'd done wrong over 24 hours later too. He was so sheepish before I even realised.

Consequently someone missed breakie.

Silence is truly the puppy owners nightmare. He was so delicate about it though, it was on the floor in a bag of other things (including meat? :confused: ) and he must have just grabbed it and gone without disturbing anything else.

Well done Lisa! So awesome, Nova is such a pretty dog. Last night at agility I shamelessly stood as close as I could to the two aussies in my class. And then we have a red merle BC as well and I gave him big pats. Love my spots but by god I love merle dogs too.