A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thanks for that information I will have a chat to Treb's vet about getting a script to get the meds from the chemist warehouse.

He has already changed since starting the prednisolone, he is now eating and looking brighter which has made me feel so much better. Unfortunately though he still is drinking heaps and urinating a lot poor boy but the vets said that should change when he starts on the florinef.

--Lhok

I have sent you a PM with some information on Addison's Disease that I found very helpful.

They are very cool, I want the blue one!

Nixon's knottie teddy is still is isolation after being the cause of some severe overexcitment... they're great toys! I'm sure he'll be very happy when I finally let him have it back again :)

We don't judge intimate excitement here laugh.gif As long as it's not on a human or other dog!

Because I'm on boring holidays and Nova was under instructions from the vet to keep him in inside in the air con all yesterday. Here are some crappy photos of A Day in the Life of Nova.

There was a lot more, but they are blurrier than the ones here!

How much fun Knotties can be (The duck)

IMG_1864_zpse7dcccb3.jpg?t=1384907982

Finally has enough coordination that he learnt to catch on the full!

IMG_1879_zps2c928402.jpg?t=1384907984

Being a nosey neighbour

IMG_1881_zps238fa609.jpg?t=1384907990

Finally tuckered out, can you pick which one is the sore ear?

IMG_1884_zps59f897b7.jpg?t=1384907993

Very cute pics - congrats on the catching! Nixon seems to like catching more than fetching now - he's a pretty average retriever :)

Yep, the excitement was was almost of an intimate nature. He's not much of a humper, but he was savagely attacking his teddy one night, and was just getting more and more over-excited, culminating in some air humping whilst eating teddy's face. Given he isn't a big humper, and he should have been settling down for the night, teddy got confiscated!

We had another funny incident at the dog park last night though - we had a lovely great dane come in to play. unfortunately, Nixon is a serial doodle licker (his own and others), and this gd's doodle was at perfect head height! It got quite embarrassing after a while, but the gd was pretty happy about it!

We had another funny incident at the dog park last night though - we had a lovely great dane come in to play. unfortunately, Nixon is a serial doodle licker (his own and others), and this gd's doodle was at perfect head height! It got quite embarrassing after a while, but the gd was pretty happy about it!

argh!!!!!

Gus must be spirit brother to Nixon. I'm sure of it! He loves a good lick. And then he goes for their mouths!

So rude!

You try ignoring it thinking 'he'll get bored soon' and they love to show you up.

laugh.gif Aliwake that sounds a bit awkward! How did the Dane's owner react?

Whippy it's actually his right ear. He keeps holding it down, where he normal has rose (whippet smile.gif) ears!

I had to go get him some anti-inflams yesterday he just wouldn't settle, and was very sooky. Feeling much better, he is preferring outside today, he's found a nice shady spot to escape the heat. All these torrential down pours on the coast, yet it hasn't rained a drop here and it's over 30 again.

She wasn't too bothered Lisa - slightly embarrassed probably (like me), but not upset which is good!

Nixon and Gus do sounds like they'd be like 2 peas in a pod... Would probably spend the days lounging around licking each others bits :)

Poor Nova - it's crazy to think something as tiny as a grass seed can cause so much discomfort. Glad he's doing better today.

She wasn't too bothered Lisa - slightly embarrassed probably (like me), but not upset which is good!

Nixon and Gus do sounds like they'd be like 2 peas in a pod... Would probably spend the days lounging around licking each others bits :)

Poor Nova - it's crazy to think something as tiny as a grass seed can cause so much discomfort. Glad he's doing better today.

It might be a fight for pole position (no pun)

They would be besties, I'm sure of it!

Guest hankodie

Awwww so cute, I think I might have to buy some for Xmas presents too! There's going to be more doggy presents under the Christmas tree than hooman ones this year :laugh:

I'm a mean doggie mum. No soft toys here, Dory kills them. She never used to, till Willow arrived.

I am in the process of ordering a soft crate and some tugs for Willow. Dory's really not in to toys or anything like that, so I don't know what to get her. and I feel bad because Willow seems to get everything. Although, with my daughter being home on Monday I might take Dory to work all on her ownsome, she'll love that. :)

Hmmmm...but then again....maybe Willow would like a stuffy, just have to remember to keep it away from Dory......*goes off to ponder*