A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not necessary to shave hot spots and there isn't much hair in the armpit area anyway. I use the technique my vet has been using for years and it works very well. You want to keep it as dry as possible so no creams or anything. Just dab with peroxide and wipe away any muck. Then dab with betadine to disinfect. It will dry up very quickly if you do this a couple of times a day. Once it scabs you have to make sure that scab stays on! One of mine will eat his scabs so has to wear a bucket collar if he has a hot spot :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, just bought some curash powder + betadine. I checked him over and I can't find any more thankfully. Mim it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much at the moment so he won't have to wear the cone of shame (yet) :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Aw Willow is absolutely gorgeous. I loveeeeee rottis :love: there is one rotti puppy in our obedience class and Hank absolutely goes bananas over her. He generally keeps to himself around the other dogs but he is smitten with this rotti :laugh:

Just wanted to show off some new tags I ordered for the dogs a while ago, they are super cute! Hank still has to grow into his though:

297jwl.jpg

(blurred out the numbers for obvious reasons)

And here is a recent photo of Mr. Hank:

2e393cw.jpg

He is still being an absolute pain in the arse lately, took him for a stroll this morning and he was feral, pulling me towards every leaf and pile of dog poo like his life depended on it. His mouth looks horrible at the moment and he's got the worst breath known to mankind :vomit:

His hot spot has cleared up nicely though, thanks to everyone for the advice!

Guest hankodie

Hank always looks so sweet in his piccies. If I didn't have my own little naughty girl, I would never believe he could be so bad. :laugh:

Hahaha I know, he really turns it on for the camera! I swear he is x10000 more mischievous than looks let on :p but I'm sure you know that seeing as Willow has her sweetie-pie face down pat :laugh:

omg. They are adorable!! I am seriously contemplating getting the shark one for Odie but I'm trying to decide if she'll end up destroying it or not. It looks super snuggly!

Willow and Hank are looking great!

Nova's next collar is going to be a rolled leather one now that he is big enough that it will last more than a month and his adult coat is growing nicely. I will have to get a nice tag too!

My computer is finally working again so I have some more photos. The last few days I think he looks so much older in the face.

I'm buying a new (nice yay) couch in the next two weeks... Not sure how long I'll stick to my "no dogs on the new couch" rule. laugh.gif

This is not just a cat owners problem.

IMG_1592_zps9ce1d632.jpg

IMG_1586_zps2b53e821.jpg

We've had a house full of guests the last few days, including my 3 yr old nephew who is perfect face licking height for Nixon, but I feel like we've completely turned a corner with Nixon. He's been so calm and patient, and hasn't tried to jump on the kids at all. The worst he's done is very gently sniff near my nephew's face, and he keeps trying to go to the kids' bedroom to check on them (and have a cuddle I have no doubt). I really feel like he's a different dog from a few weeks ago! He's been so placid and snuggly, and is even doing what he's told (after having a think about it first of course...)

I'm almost a bit worried he's not feeling well... :)

Edited by aliwake

Thanks :) He's actually extremely dirty in those photos so he's normally a lot brighter than that laugh.gif

Sounds like Nixon has found the 'calm' side of his labrador temperament. Enjoy those moments, they amazing, you'll never forget them either. smile.gif

Thanks Lisa, I figured we were still a year or two away from experiencing his calm side! Maybe his breeder really did manage to pick out a 'placid one' for us after all...

You'll have to give Nova a wash so we can see him in all his glory!! :)

I'll give him a bath sometime this week :)

He actually stayed completely still yesterday and let me clip all of his claws thumbsup1.gif As you can see from those photos needs his paws pads trimmed so might see if he'll be a good boy again for that too!