A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Back from vet

They are pretty happy with Treble it looks like he just ate something that didn't agree with him as he is fine and bouncy again. The hernia though is cause for concern so I will be getting it done asap.

Thank you for all your thoughts, I am glad it wasn't much at all. I think I am a little sensitive when it comes to things after what I went through with Missy and Raiden. Sorry if I get all henny penny about things.

--Lhok

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while, so I thought I'd put up a couple of Nixon pics - he's going to be 8 months old next week! And he's going to have his first kennel adventure on the weekend - I have a sneaking suspicion he won't want to come home...

Thanks to Lisa for getting me motivated to try Livamol - his coat is looking so much nicer!

954901_10151938399667889_1725349351_n.jpg

1382955_10151938399657889_2098053912_n.jpg

So glad Treble is better!

No need to feel bad Lhok, you have every right to be worried. I start freaking out over the tiniest stomach issues too until I screw my head back in. I have to keep reminding myself that what was wrong with Sam was very rare.

Naww Nixon is looking GREAT! Very fit looking lab biggrin.gif

Thanks Lisa, I'm pretty happy with the shape he's in at the moment. Now if only I could get him to smile for the camera!! He looks so serious, but at least his head is up - he usually ignores me and starts sniffing at things as soon as the camera comes out... typical!

It's been a while, so I thought I'd put up a couple of Nixon pics - he's going to be 8 months old next week! And he's going to have his first kennel adventure on the weekend - I have a sneaking suspicion he won't want to come home...

Thanks to Lisa for getting me motivated to try Livamol - his coat is looking so much nicer!

954901_10151938399667889_1725349351_n.jpg

1382955_10151938399657889_2098053912_n.jpg

Oh My - he is gorgeous!! Hope he goes well in the kennel. Banjo is now 7.5 months old and is also having his first kennel stay this weekend too! Hope Nixon goes okay - I am worried about my baby but know he will be fine - it's just me being a worry wart!! I also had a proud puppy mummy moment on Tuesday night when we were promoted to the next level at our obedience club - it's just the first step up and he has many more to go but proud nevertheless :)

Yay go Yvonne and Banjo!

How are everyones pups coping with the suddenly hot weather?

Nova has done nothing all day. I just tried to get him to play fetch outside (it's cooled down a bit) and he just waited at the door until I opened it and nows he's asleep on the couch.

Might try for a walk when it's dark.

Edited by LisaCC

Thanks Yvonne! Congrats on your obedience graduation - that's really exciting!

I think I'm less worried about the kennel, and more just sad cos we'll miss him :( I have to drop him off today because we're leaving early tomorrow.

Apparently there's another lab pup there at the moment so I have no doubt he's going to enjoy it. Hopefully he'll be having so much fun he won't miss us at all!

Guest hankodie

Wow Nixon looks gorgeous and in perfect condition! So handsome :love:

Lhok I'm glad Treble is OK, you have every right to worry and I can completely relate - Odie and her special rare liver condition has me extra paranoid now during these puppy stages!

Speaking of which - Hank has had runny poops on and off this week. It seems to happen when I give him anything raw. He was OK with the lamb & turkey necks initially, but this week they are causing a few issues with his poo. It ranges from loose poo to mucousy (ick). About 4 days ago I gave him a raw egg with his kibble and he had the runs really badly which cleared up after a day but came back after I gave him a lamb neck.

If it doesn't clear up by next poo I'm taking him to the vet but r could it be something like giardia? Apart from that he's bright and sparky and acting normal, he just did a bunch of zoomies in the yard and is passed out asleep at my feet lol

When Nixon had Giardia he had vomiting and diarrhoea, and he clearly just didn't feel very well. He was a lot younger than Hank when he had it though. There was no way to tell what it was without testing. Maybe just give your vet a call - they'll probably tell you to come in (they usually do!), but then at least you'll be able to stop stressing hopefully :)

Just dropped Nixon off at the kennel - I was feeling so nervous! He was super excited though - could clearly smell dogs everywhere. He didn't even look back as he was lead away... sniff.

The kennels looked good I think - very clean, and the other dogs seemed happy enough. I'm sure he'll be in heaven after his first playtime.

5months old and Nova has only just done his first bad thing laugh.gif

He pulled a sheet off the line, slobbered on it and rolled in the dirt with it. All while I was blissfully unaware in the bath.

Clothes line must go higher now.

Guest hankodie

When Nixon had Giardia he had vomiting and diarrhoea, and he clearly just didn't feel very well. He was a lot younger than Hank when he had it though. There was no way to tell what it was without testing. Maybe just give your vet a call - they'll probably tell you to come in (they usually do!), but then at least you'll be able to stop stressing hopefully :)

Thanks aliwake! I called the vet and they just said keep an eye on him, his last few poos were all relatively firm but I haven't give him any bones today so I'll see how he goes over the next day or two.

I hope Nixon has fun at the kennel! Where are you off to?

We FINALLY got new fences up in the backyard, I'm so happy. Our old fences were horrible and falling down so it's great that we have a nice secure place for the dogs to hang out while I work.

Hank is teething like crazy poor thing :( he was so frustrated this morning, growling and gnawing on his leg because he couldn't satisfy his urge to chew!

5mjmdw.jpg

bikufm.jpg

rlvmea.jpg

Edited by hankodie

Hope it's ok to join in here :)

My Brittany Kite is 12 (or 13?) weeks old. I bred her so it has been a very different experience than any other pup I have had before! Just had her litter sister Bindi visiting for two weeks which has reminded me how crazy and full on Kite is :laugh:

Here is a pic of her at 10 weeks

1013749_10151721061454037_1989514586_n.jpg

And some pics of her from 0 - 8 weeks I need to update with some more recent shots.

She is beautiful! You must be proud, is she from your first litter?

Hankodie, how is the teething going? Nova finally lost his last remaining baby tooth yesterday, after almost a week of excessive drooling and stinky breath it's finally gone and all the other teeth have cracked through. Just waiting for them to come completely out now!

Edited by LisaCC

Thanks guys, she is a pretty little thing. Lisa CC this was my first litter and even though everything was smooth sailing it was every bit as full on as you hear. I love hearing back from my new families, everyone is loving their pups and I get so excited seeing the pics they send.

I'm also having Kite teeth at the moment, but she is just at the start of teething! :( Her fav teething toys are bones or failing that my hands will do :laugh:

She has her first show today, one of her brothers is also entered and one is coming down to watch - so we will have a reunion of half the litter :) I anticipate total naughtiness from Kite...