A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Yesterday I bought Nova a big boy bed biggrin.gif (Compared to the $4 Big W one). Specifically found one made out of nice cool cotton material so he doesn't overheat, the same texture as my own Doona cover that he happily sleeps on.

He has decided to try and sleep anywhere BUT the bed, including his new discovery of the day, the crappy doormat. He will chew toys on the new bed though.

post-44325-0-16083700-1375099096_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-68273900-1375099099_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my little man is getting a bit bigger! Actually he is huge. I think he is around 18 weeks now. This pic of him stretched out on the lounge shows his size! Also he is using a piece of cardboard as a pillow.... Comfy!

Edited by Daisy.Tea

He is so gorgeous Daisy.Tea, with the amount of tan he has he looks so so close to a blue bi! I think it makes him look.. very elegant (no not the kennellaugh.gif)

Looking big, any idea what he is weighing? Also is that his adult coat already coming in on his back half?

He is so gorgeous Daisy.Tea, with the amount of tan he has he looks so so close to a blue bi! I think it makes him look.. very elegant (no not the kennellaugh.gif)

Looking big, any idea what he is weighing? Also is that his adult coat already coming in on his back half?

Standing and sitting he looks very leggy. His coat started coming through on the top of his back about a week or so ago. Just a little strip that's making its way down his sides. Though he is still fluffy! His tan is very very light. We still don't know if he will darken up or not, but I doubt it. He is such a good boy!

I love Nova's darker markings, they are so different to Atticus.

He should darken up a bit, apparently all merles do as they get older, but I don't know whether tan would spread.

I do love the merles for that reason, they are all so different, even in the same litter. Two of Novas blue brothers had the flashy white markings more like Atticus and one of them had the piercing full blue eyes.

Surprisingly though Nova was the lightest of the litter. When I picked him out the breeder wrote down LIGHT blue merle boy. He has darkened up a lot.

Tyrion had his 12 week vaccinations today! And a check up, silly bugger howled and hollered when the vet tried to take his temperature, so she gave him a small bit of food to nom on while she did it and then he didn't make a peep. :laugh: typical Corgi! Apparently he has one undescended testicle, which will just mean if its still that way come snip time that his desexing operation will cost a bit more. She also suggested that we have his dew claws removed.

Tyrion had his 12 week vaccinations today! And a check up, silly bugger howled and hollered when the vet tried to take his temperature, so she gave him a small bit of food to nom on while she did it and then he didn't make a peep. :laugh: typical Corgi! Apparently he has one undescended testicle, which will just mean if its still that way come snip time that his desexing operation will cost a bit more. She also suggested that we have his dew claws removed.

:eek: why?

:eek: why?

She said they can cause problems. I asked about this in the corgi thread and in my undescended testicle thread. I wasn't sure if this was normal procedure or not. :\

Edit; currently reading this thread. www.dolforums.com.au/topic/29731-dew-claw-removal/

Edited by Zereuloh

Dogs use their dew claws quite a lot! Just watch Tyrion make fast turns and stops closely, they are like extra breaks! They will also scratch themselves with them and even use them like toothpicks!

I'd never remove a dogs dew claws once they were past a few days old unless there was a real reason to do so (ie: they kept splitting them, hurting themselves with them etc).

If your breeder didn't remove them close to birth, they probably didn't see a need for it so I'd not be doing it now.

Edited by minimax

I'd never remove a dogs dew claws once they were past a few days old unless there was a real reason to do so (ie: they kept splitting them, hurting themselves with them etc).

She mentioned that they can be quite a problem. Get hurt easily, split, tear etc. so its best to just remove them while he is being desexed. I've never had a dog with rear dew claws either. Just opened a thread on the topic to get everyone elses opinions. I have a few months before I plan on getting him desexed to make up our minds. :)

I suggest giving your breeder a call and asking them their thoughts :)

lol literally just e-mailed them. They usually get back relatively quickly :) so should have a response in the next 24 hrs. I really think I need to bath Tyrion when he wakes. I think he rolled in something funky at my parents house.

I tend to agree, I watch Gus eat bones and things and he uses them to hook into food and hold it so he can gnaw it off, and imagine the aftercare! The idea of keeping puppy still for weeks just makes my skin crawl, haha. I even worry about keeping Gus still after the snip! Haha.

Still, each to their own but not for me unless they cause great dramas.

Gross lol

Well I had the day off today, so I built a wobble board!

Super easy to make, 60cm diameter piece of board, super glued some non slip rubber matting to the top (couldn't get any nice colours frown.gif), cut the top off an overly large dog tennis ball (not the giant ones) and super glued that to the middle of the bottom.

Nova my little star jumped straight on it and started offering me stands, sits and drops! I didn't even need to steady it for him thumbsup1.gif

post-44325-0-25422700-1375164025_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-31674800-1375164034_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-18975600-1375164036_thumb.jpg

Gross lol

Well I had the day off today, so I built a wobble board!

Super easy to make, 60cm diameter piece of board, super glued some non slip rubber matting to the top (couldn't get any nice colours frown.gif), cut the top off an overly large dog tennis ball (not the giant ones) and super glued that to the middle of the bottom.

Nova my little star jumped straight on it and started offering me stands, sits and drops! I didn't even need to steady it for him thumbsup1.gif

post-44325-0-25422700-1375164025_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-31674800-1375164034_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-18975600-1375164036_thumb.jpg

That looks fantastic!