A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. First it starts with weekends, days off, sick days... Then it's ALL the time.

Then, if you're like me, you go and buy a bigger bed so both puppies fit comfortably when you started out with a no puppies on the bed rule :rofl:

haha, most likely, but what the hell, he is my life now so its only fair I share :p

It's a slippery slope :p

Soon you'll be fighting for a piece of your own pillow :laugh:

(like me this morning)

249026_10151695674708554_1040858790_n.jpg

I used to have a loft bed, it was 6 feet up in the air, so no puppies in the bed. Max slept in her crate for ages and that worked really well, but then winter came and I felt bad (plus she was a REALLY early riser 4am, or 4.30am) so I switched to camping out in the spare room and chucked her on the bed with me. All of a sudden she slept later, and I got more sleep, and I realised my insistence on her sleeping in a crate was just dumb, and what all the puppy books said should happen. But I was suffering due to it, and she wasn't happy. So I bought a new bed, and when I got pup #2 he was on the bed immediately and we all live happily ever after :D

However, I do have small dogs and I'm the only human in my bed, so it's different to having big dogs or two people in the bed. Plus at least one pug usually sleeps on my head, so that saves space :p

Max is 19 months now (puppy in the picture above, snoring her little heart out on my head), and Boston is 14 months. Er, wait. If Boston is 14 months Max must be older. There is 6 months between them. My maths sucks lol

Edited by minimax

likely, but what the hell, he is my life now so its only fair I share :p

It's a slippery slope :p

Soon you'll be fighting for a piece of your own pillow :laugh:

(like me this morning)

249026_10151695674708554_1040858790_n.jpg

Very cuteeeeeeeeeeeee too !!!biggrin.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Boy do we have the naughties today! Tried to eat a pair of glasses, a cup of water, the cup AFTER the water went all over the floor and Gus paddled in it, slippers both on and off my feet, my kale plant, the laptop, the blanket on the couch and his own feet. One would think he doesn't have enough toys...

I got so cranky when he was up at 5, I really really wanted that extra hour or so, but who could stay mad?

Did get him to sleep from 4-5 by giving him breakie though. He passed right out after. Might try giving him dinner later and keeping him busy before bed tonight. I was thinking for sure last night he'd break his good streak but so far so good.

And the fun begins Steph laugh.gif Miah is naughtier and more active now at just over 6 months old, its like shes going through the toddler stage. She does sleep through most of the night now which is good, but hardly naps during the day now.

Miah has lots of toys as well but prefers to chew on other things that are ours grrrr lol

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Boy do we have the naughties today! Tried to eat a pair of glasses, a cup of water, the cup AFTER the water went all over the floor and Gus paddled in it, slippers both on and off my feet, my kale plant, the laptop, the blanket on the couch and his own feet. One would think he doesn't have enough toys...

I got so cranky when he was up at 5, I really really wanted that extra hour or so, but who could stay mad?

Did get him to sleep from 4-5 by giving him breakie though. He passed right out after. Might try giving him dinner later and keeping him busy before bed tonight. I was thinking for sure last night he'd break his good streak but so far so good.

Sounds like an interesting night, cant wait to hear how it goes tonight with a little late night playing.

Minimax, I am glad you only have a pug that sleeps on your head, imagine if it was Cassie and Sumo.

Cassie are you and Sumo all ready for your showing debut next weekend?

No :o I went and bought a few essentials the other day like a show lead, treat pouch, number holder, but I still don't have his soft crate (only a very heavy wire one that we're borrowing). Plus...we don't have a gazebo, so have nowhere to "set up" and I'd feel like I was intruding or being a nuissance if I asked to sit with someone else :o So I'm a bit in two minds at the moment as to whether we'll even go :(

No :o I went and bought a few essentials the other day like a show lead, treat pouch, number holder, but I still don't have his soft crate (only a very heavy wire one that we're borrowing). Plus...we don't have a gazebo, so have nowhere to "set up" and I'd feel like I was intruding or being a nuissance if I asked to sit with someone else :o So I'm a bit in two minds at the moment as to whether we'll even go :(

Im sure it wont matter if you dont have a gazebo especially if its a nice day. Do you maybe have an umbrella? Crazysales are pretty quick with there postages if there is a soft crate in the size you need :)