Oldies

Rascalmyshadow

He is not quite on old dog rules yet (old dog rules is they have none :laugh: ).

True. :laugh:

I love the oldies & regularly take in old dogs that live with me for a few years. Currently I have 2 - Gemma who came to live with me at 11 & 3 months & is now nearly 13 & 1/2 & Tori who arrived just before her 12th birthday & is now also nearly 13 & 1/2. I find it so much easier to accept their aging & make adjustments because I don't have any memories of them as young dogs.

Last October I lost my heart dog, Sally, at 14 & 7 1/2 months. She'd been with me since she was 2. I hated watching her age knowing our time was drawing to an end. I think I gave her a wonderful life right to the end but it was hard for me to watch & I'd worry over every little change.

Interesting. When my older boy Coco came here three years ago, I knew what issues he had then so was prepared for it. I found it harder when he was diagnosed with further problems later on. As you say, you don't necessarily see them age, and to me Coco has always been an older dog so you accept that from the outset and really cherish the time you have with them.