Fleas

kiesha09

My boy has had a dermatitis rash for the last few weeks and the vet diagnosed it as environmental allergies. after ttreating it for a week he is still scratching and last night I gave him a really good going over and found a flea. So now I'm thinking it may have been a flea allergy dermatitis.

Both my guys have monthly sentinel spectrum treatments. Interesting to note my girl doesn't have fleas and has not been scratching.

So my initial reaction is to swap to using comfortis as I've had really great results in the past in conjunction with interceptor. This should get, rid of all the current adult fleas.

But I have one month left of sentinel spectrum. Could I use the comfortis today and then the spectrum in 2 weeks when they are due and then swap to the comfortis/interceptor regime. This would kill both adult fleas and eggs/larvae over the next month.

Or should I just continue with the sentinel and use capstar for the next few days.

I'm just concerned the sentinel isn't working and am so confused!! There are way too many flea/worming options!!

Comfortis also comes in the Panoramis form. Panoramis contains the comfortis flea product, heartworm treatment and intestinal worming.

Sentinel doesn't kill adult fleas, but controls the rest of the flea life cycle.

You the sentinel with capstar now then swap to panoramis :)

ETA - my clinic has just started using panoramis and the feedback so far has been great!

Edited by Everythings Shiny

Fidos flea free rinse in a spray bottle and add omega oils/garlic to the food ;) The rinse can be sprayed on, 1ml per 100ml water, then brushed through and kills the fleas instantly. You can also spray your carpets with it