Claw Cutting Diagram?

WExtremeG

Has anyone used the Cordless Dremel Stylus for dog nails? It looks like it might be easier to handle.

Stylus

yes I have one, I find it very good to hold and handle. Thought it might have been a bit awkward but it isn't.

I use one on my black-nailed dog, works well, easy to grip and has enough 'grunt' to do the job :)

Thanks, it is the one I want to buy but wanted to know if it was as good as it looks and feels to hold.

Has anyone used the Cordless Dremel Stylus for dog nails? It looks like it might be easier to handle.

Stylus

yes I have one, I find it very good to hold and handle. Thought it might have been a bit awkward but it isn't.

oooh can we have a test of this on some Fauvey claws next time we catch up? I want to buy one because Fauves have nails that grow SOOOOOO fast and if it works well I'm going to buy one. Don't want to invest without seeing how to use it and how it works if that makes sense.

I have a dremel and it's awesome for nails, but mine won't sit still for the amount of time it takes. I have enough trouble pinning them down to clip a few nails at a time without them biting me and peeing on me (and yes, they've had their nails done regularly since they were born, they are just drama queens!)

Which is why I love the dremmel. Bulldogs are immensely strong dogs and using clippers was just proving so unreliable if they tried pulled their foot away. And with a dremmel you can get such a nice tidy nail with no sharp bits. If you do happen to get too close to the quick the wound is cauterized straight away with minimal fuss. Our first Bullmastiff had very long nails with long kwiks as her nails had hardly been trimmed before we got her and cutting her nails proved to be way too risky(black nails as well which made it harder to see the kwik) My white Bulldog has unpigmented nails so you can see the kwiks but I still prefer to use the dremel. My Bulldog bitch will just lift each foot while I dremmel away with her nails. Getting them used to the dremmel can be done with training. My boy doesnt like it but he is told it is happening and that is that. He is such a womans blouse :laugh:

Brilliant post. Ive used a dremmel for several years now as my dogs have thick black nails. I have been shaping my new boy to it and he nearly at the point of comfortably letting me do his claws without any restraint, at the moment we are getting one or two done at a time. My girl sprawls on her back during her pedicure. Only thing is remember to wear eye protection. Claw dust in eyes hurts.

Stylus

oooh can we have a test of this on some Fauvey claws next time we catch up? I want to buy one because Fauves have nails that grow SOOOOOO fast and if it works well I'm going to buy one. Don't want to invest without seeing how to use it and how it works if that makes sense.

yep I'll bring it to the shows with me. Best thing is it holds it's charge for ages and you can't over charge it.