Murrays On The Murray

D_mentias

motm111a_zps1161539d.jpg[/img]A few of our Murrays from our Murrays on the Murray Gathering held last October where we got the results of DNA testing proving what owners already knew, that our Murrays were a unique breed on the gundog spectrum not closely related to any other breed.

post-2902-0-10834900-1360669665_thumb.jpg

Edited by D_mentias

motm111a_zps1161539d.jpg[/img]A few of our Murrays from our Murrays on the Murray Gathering held last October where we got the results of DNA testing proving what owners already knew, that our Murrays were a unique breed on the gundog spectrum not closely related to any other breed.

:shrug::shrug: They have had to come from somewhere in the past 200 years ??

Interesting to see what they should look like. People down the road from me have one who has the severest case of alopecia you could ever see. Its back and sides are pretty well hairless and he has been that way since a puppy. The people bought him from a breeder in Wangaratta 3 or 4 years ago (I can't remember exactly).

[.

:shrug::shrug: They have had to come from somewhere in the past 200 years ??

Research has found brown curly retrievers in Hobart in the 1840s. We have photos from probably before 1860 and believe they were even on the goldfields. These were the working retrievers of the poor(poachers) in Europe and went to North America as well where they developed into the American Water Spaniel.In Europe similar dogs became extinct. They were a meat dog and used to retrieve ducks of punts but they were also all rounders as they could point and track as well.

I will attach a picture from the 1890s, our Murrays have bred true to type for over 100 yearspost-2902-0-30123800-1360801871_thumb.jpg