Susan Garrett's Recallers 4

Kavik

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The course has nothing to do with agility. It is about relationship building, drive building, recall, and self control, so is suitable regardless of your aim :) There are a couple of games which would be really useful for obedience in terms of heel position.

Self control in the dog or handler? rofl1.gif OK I will think about it!

The course has nothing to do with agility. It is about relationship building, drive building, recall, and self control, so is suitable regardless of your aim :) There are a couple of games which would be really useful for obedience in terms of heel position.

Self control in the dog or handler? rofl1.gif OK I will think about it!

Sue, I've signed up mostly to help the obedience side of things. I'm hoping with some work, I can get Millie to focus 95% of the time, except for a lot less. When she's on, she's fantastic, but when she's distracted, oh boy - I swear I have indeed trained her!! laugh.gif

Who knows, it might even help Ruby stop visiting the judges and stewards between exercises! (and sometimes during!!)

I'm going to be doing it with Pippa as well. She looooves to play and is pretty full on, so I want to maintain that enthusiasm!

Here's hoping I at least get something out of it laugh.gif

Recallers latest post recommend getting a copy of the Crate Games DVD (which I found available in Aus at both Game On Dogs and Agility Click for $32 if anyone else is looking for it)

I was just wondering if anyone has used this before and what sort of crate they used (does it matter?). I've only got collapsable crates and I was wondering if a hard crate would be better?

Edited by Tumbleweed

A hard crate is better with one of those latch doors (collapsible hard ones are ok as most have latch doors?), as you can open/close the door quicker which you need to do when first starting out with crate games as the dog starts to understand the criteria. If your dog already stays in a crate pretty well, it can also work with a soft crate :)

Edited by RubyStar

I do crate games with a soft crate now, because they dogs know the game.

It would be best to start with a hard plastic crate though. The wire crates need to be taped and padded so the dog doesn't hurt itself going in and out at speed, and it's difficult to throw the treats into it because they might accidentally go through the back of the crate.

My friend and I are thinking of going halves, is there any way that we could be blocked from accessing it from 2 PCs? Or are there webinars you can only access once?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was blocked from 2 computers

Hmm I would have thought you could do that megan. Lots of people have multiple devices. I have done other online courses and normally you are issued with a user name and log in and that isn't controlled by IP address as such. Even at home our network is set up for rolling IP addresses so I don't necessarily log in with the same identical IP address.

Not that I am saying its the appropriate thing to go halves in the cost and two people access it. I did have a friend come around who was doing some of the SG courses and she used my wireless to log in so she could show me something but used her computer so I can only presume they are able to be accessed from multiple devices.

My guess is the issue would be two people trying to log in simultaneously into the one account rather than two people using two separate computers or devices.

I may be wrong though just based on my experience with other online courses.

Edited by ness