Sassy- A Perfect Dog In An Imperfect World

HeelerLove

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but just watching that animal try and get around is horrific. Yes keep it alive for as long as it can - heart barely works, it cant walk or breathe properly. Nawwwww gold star for keeping her alive! I'm sure they'll all feel so proud watching her suffer to death.

I'm sorry but just watching that animal try and get around is horrific. Yes keep it alive for as long as it can - heart barely works, it cant walk or breathe properly. Nawwwww gold star for keeping her alive! I'm sure they'll all feel so proud watching her suffer to death.

I agree with you Nek. I just can't be happy about this.

I won't watch the videos as that sort of thing both angers and upsets me. I know that the people think they are doing the right thing and that makes them feel better about themselves, but in these instances it's kinder to put them down. It's like that Chinese Crested that has such mouth deformities it has trouble eating.

There ar so many other dogs that need help.

I wasn't sure what to think when I first saw it, which is why I posted it up here - I was interested in what others would say. They say that she 'isn't in pain' and that's why they haven't pts. If it was me, I would have pts, in pain or not. Sure she 'looks' happy but I agree with what others have said, she can't breathe properly and can barely walk. What type of life is that for a dog? :(

I have a disabled dog... but nothing like poor Sassy. When Pickles first came into care, it was under the proviso that she may not come good enough to have a decent quality of life. Her disablity involves not having much feeling in all 4 legs, meaning that she really has to concentrate on walking rather than it being a natural instinct - she actually had to learn to walk. She still walks like Steady Eddie, but her sheer determination to enjoy life to the fullest means that she's doing just fine so far.

I probably would have made the decision to give Sassy her wings long ago. Her issues are so severe that it seems cruel to have her battling so hard all the time.

T.

I ust really do not understand their A S P C A letting this little sweetie struggle on .. seeing photos ( I won't watch a video) makes me feel like :vomit: , moreso than those two legged dogs ..... :(

I'll bet it was one soft hearted, muddle headed person who made the decision . . . .not the ASPCA as an institution.

I always wonder about that statement 'not in any pain'? How do they know? Friends of mine had an horrific incident after the Ash Wednesday fires. Couldn't find one of their little dogs when they had to get out in a hurry. 2 days later they were back at their property, lost their house. While looking around their little dog came out of the rubble wagging his tail. Poor little fellow was burnt all over his body but he was still happy to see them, wagging his tail despite the agony he must have been in.

Friends still get so upset when they think of him. They had to get the police to shoot him as when they tried to touch him, he screamed.

I've had a few dogs with fairly bad injuries and know there's pain involved but they don't show it like we would.

So how does anyone know if a dog is in pain?