Removing Lice Eggs

I have a rescued kitten (more info in cat subforum) here who is covered in lice eggs. Found him covered in lice and fleas, which have been dealt with, but I can't shift the damn eggs! :banghead:

I have washed him multiple times, in 'normal' shampoo and Fido's itch free.

I have tried brushing them out, with normal brushes, flea combs, a furminator and even a human nit comb. :o

I have tried picking them out but there is too many and I end up pulling hair rather than the actual eggs! :banghead:

I am trying to find him a new home (too many cats to keep him :( ) so him having lice eggs is not a good look. I don't want to shave him if I can help it.

HELP?

Edited by Chequeredblackdog

With humans you have to coat the hair in conditioner and brush them out with a nit comb, and keep doing this over the next few days until they're gone. It's a time consuming process. :)

With humans you have to coat the hair in conditioner and brush them out with a nit comb, and keep doing this over the next few days until they're gone. It's a time consuming process. :)

X 2. I think the conditioner has to be left in for 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly.

Awesome! I'll give that a go. Though I don't know if the little bugger will sit still for that long...... :D

try it just in one spot ..maybe back of neck ? so it can NOT be licked off ...it's probably not a good thing for a baby to be ingesting at all :( :(