Preparing For Pest Control

littlesev

In a couple of weeks, our house is due for a pest and termite treatment. The exterminator was chosen by the strata management and they will spray the yard and every room in our house. I'm a bit worried about my dog who is a chronic licker. So far, I've thought to:

- Put his crate, bed, toys etc away

- Take him out for the day

- Vacuum the carpet once we return

- Mop the floor

Wondering what else I could do, if any, especially with the backyard lawn. Much appreciated :)

In a couple of weeks, our house is due for a pest and termite treatment. The exterminator was chosen by the strata management and they will spray the yard and every room in our house. I'm a bit worried about my dog who is a chronic licker. So far, I've thought to:

- Put his crate, bed, toys etc away

- Take him out for the day

- Vacuum the carpet once we return

- Mop the floor

Wondering what else I could do, if any, especially with the backyard lawn. Much appreciated :)

Make sure you give his water and food bowls a good wash.

What about speaking with the exterminator?

Let them know you have a dog

ask what chemical is used..and do the drill holes & then spray .. or is it a ' fogger' , or do they manually spray surfaces . It would concern me as to my health as well!..curtains/carpets/bedspreads/benchtops etc etc ...

Then check as to how long the chemical stays on surfaces ...where exactly they spray (do people really have a backyard totally sprayed with insecticide????? :dropjaw::( :(

Edited by persephone