In Here Erny!

megan_

Hi Judi,

I've tried to send you a PM but it isn't sending. I have acquisition about the tea - am I meant to rinse fergs after he has soaked in it? Also, how many tablespoons per litte? I'm planning on filling most of the bath up so that his Lillie legs are complexity covered in tea. He is going to hate it :).

I hope you're doing well and you should get a commission from the tea growers...

Thanks,

Megan

Hi Judi,

I've tried to send you a PM but it isn't sending. I have acquisition about the tea - am I meant to rinse fergs after he has soaked in it? Also, how many tablespoons per litte? I'm planning on filling most of the bath up so that his Lillie legs are complexity covered in tea. He is going to hate it :).

I hope you're doing well and you should get a commission from the tea growers...

Thanks,

Megan

Hi Megan - nope, no rinse. Just soak, pat/rub the coat with a towel to take out the excess from the coat but leave the tea to dry on the skin. When I do an overall bath of it for my boy, I put about 2-3 inches of very hot water in the bath tub and I put a decent hand/fist full of the tea in the toe of a stocking (which I have cut off and I knot the end) and let it bob around in the really hot water until the water cools to tepid or room temp. I then use the stocking with the tea in it in the same way as one might use a sponge to wet all of his body up.

The more water you use, the more tea you'll need. To put that much water in that it needs to cover the length of Fergs' legs will take a lot, unless you do it in a small tub perhaps?

My inbox is always filling up. Easiest if you send via the email option. Or direct to Pro-K9

Poor Fergs - hope the rash is soothed soon. Give him a pat for me :).

Edited by Erny

How long are your dogs' legs?

I use plastic drink bottles with tops cut off to soak individual legs ;)

Oh, and to get excellent coverage on short/medium coat dogs, I use a 1.5 ltr pressurised Garden spray bottle . It does such a good job ..and uses much less product

Edited by persephone

Thanks.. One more thing, the tea I have has the petals and the buds (pollen). Is this correct? I'm worried about the Pollen

That's correct. They use the whole of the flower : the petals and the stigma (the eye of the flower) are used.

And hey Perse! Great tip about using the cut out bottles for soaking the length of legs if that's all that is affected! :thumbsup: . Wouldn't want to have a squirmy dog trying to walk away whilst soaking though :laugh: . One or two legs at a time would do it nicely and easily, I'd expect :) . All 4 would make an interesting photo shot, lol.

Hi Megan wave1.gif

I use the laundry tub, clean off any residual detergent or muck in it, then put about 2 inches of really hot water in it and a good handful of the tea in a stocking as Erny said. It will go a bright yellow. Wait for it to cool then bath and towel off. I ended up with a yellow tinged westie but it really helped her itchies when they were at their worst.

Will be interested to hear how you get on :)

I ended up with a yellow tinged westie but it really helped her itchies when they were at their worst.

What brand did you use, WM? Email me, if you'd prefer, if you will? Pro-K9

The brand I have been using is apparently not available anymore (I need to verify that next week). The new brand available to the Health Food Store here is brighter in colour, although labelled "organic". I haven't used it yet.

Edited by Erny

I ended up with a yellow tinged westie but it really helped her itchies when they were at their worst.

What brand did you use, WM? Email me, if you'd prefer, if you will? Pro-K9

The brand I have been using is apparently not available anymore (I need to verify that next week). The new brand available to the Health Food Store here is brighter in colour, although labelled "organic". I haven't used it yet.

Hi Erny,

I use Hilde Hemmes' Herbals Calendula Flower Traditional Herbal Tea - they seem to be a local SA company. Web site www.herbalsupplies.com.au - but I got mine from the local health food shop.