Pedigree Paperwork

pickles_chester

Blue Staffords aren't rare at all... but completely healthy and well bred ones aren't... *grin*

I'm all for the blue colour if it's an odd one in a litter of otherwise standard coloured pups... but there's no way on the planet I'd be buying one that was from a litter specifically bred to be blue (ie. blue to blue mating).

If I were looking for a purebred Stafford, I would prefer a black (read brindle with little or no tan) one... I think they look totally divine!

T.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you bought from qld.

Did the breeder make you fill in or sign a "limited register agreement" form. To place puppies on this register all new owners must sign this form stating they understand what the limited register is and agree to have the pup registered there. If you did not sign such a form, then either the breeder has done it on your behalf ( very wrong) or something else is amiss.

In QLD we can register puppies straight into the new owners name. Whereas other states they are first registered into the breeders name and then need to be transferred to the new owner. In my experience in buying puppies from NSW it is at my expense to transfer.

Because of this, sometimes breeders will wait until all the puppies are sold before sending the litter registration to Dogs Queensland. This is so they do not have to pay a registration and later a transfer fee. The average turn around for papers in Dogs Queensland is between 10-14 business days. The papers are sent back to the breeder to check and then they mail it to the puppy owners. If you feel if you have been scammed, the ring Dogs Queensland and see firstly if the breeder is registered and secondly if Dogs Queensland have received the litter registration.

The vet certificate you received for fit to fly is a new requirement by airlines. (Especially Qantas alrhough i think Virgin are now also requiring it) I believe it is due to dehydration in young puppies. I have had to get one of these certificates recently when I sold a puppy to Tas.

At the top of the pedigree paper it will also tell you if the animal is on the "Limited Register" if the word Limited is at the top of the certificate then it is limit and cannot be bred with or shown. If the pedigree paper you received for the Sire has that, then the pups will not be registered and she is only breeding "purebred" pups and not pedigree puppies.

It is surprising you have no documentation from the dam. If she is tested, then you should also receive copies of that paperwork. Copies of the sire/dam pedigree is all you will get and this is fine. You do not need it if your pup is registered as it will have that detail on it.

The dam may not be tested. Not the first time a breeder used a health tested dog and won't bother to pay to health test their dam - especially if the dog is clear for any required health tests and has good hip/elbow scores. Testing costs money and that eats into their "profits". Best to use other dogs who have had someone else pay for the testing.

If I was paying $1500 for any dog of any breed regardless of whether it was the norm price or not, I would be making sure all the health tests were done and the it is all legit.

Sometimes things go a bit nuts on a forum :)

Phone the canine association in Queensland & ask if the pups paperwork is in & how long they think it will take to get to you.

Then if they ask What Pup ? Start worrying.

All may be well & in order.

After receiving our Staffordshire Bull Terrier a few weeks ago it was only yesterday I received the paperwork for the pedigree. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what I should have received as all we were sent was:

* Eye examination certificate

* Hip and elbow dysplasia evaluation report

* Certificate of registration and pedigree

* Genetic analysis report

Now here is the part that strikes me. The paperwork mentioned above is for the father of our puppy, not her own paperwork. I just assumed that we would have been sent our puppies paperwork (pedigree certificate and rego etc...) and nothing more.

We are completely new to the puppy world and I do feel as though we should have been given more info on our pup. We paid $1500 for a limited register.

Please help me to understand if this is the normal set of circumstances and if there is anything I am required to do myself to get her registered as a pure breed as we are more than willing to do so.

I will greatly appreciate any info or redirection to another thread to gain a bit more perspective.

Thanks in advance :)

What is it about this sentence that makes me think "warning, warning, Will Robinson" as that darned robot used to say.

You bought a Limit Register pup, she will never be registered as anything but a pet.

You will not be able to show her, you will not be able to breed from her or register any pups as purebred.

Do you understand that?

Limit register is simply the official replacement for the hand written pedigree breeders used to supply to the buyer of a pet puppy.

she is recognised as the purebred produce of her parents, but can never produce a recognised purebred puppy.

Apologies if you do already know this. An amazing number of people do not.

I fully understand this. Thanks for the helpful information.

Sometimes things go a bit nuts on a forum :)

Phone the canine association in Queensland & ask if the pups paperwork is in & how long they think it will take to get to you.

Then if they ask What Pup ? Start worrying.

All may be well & in order.

Refer Post 7 :D

I thought she meant she had a pedigree that listed the sire and dam of her pup, but wasn't her pup because the birthdate is wrong. Maybe I shouldn't read forums on a Saturday morning :laugh:

That is the way I read it as well. She seems to have been sent a copy of the papers for a full sibling from another litter. Very odd.

I am also curious why anyone from NSW would buy a limit register SBT puppy from Qld when there are so many available locally, all the time? Not to mention paying so much for such a common breed.

I know people who paid over $2k for a blue limited reg pup from Qld recently. Breeder had two litters of blues on the ground. Not uncommon to pay so much, and for some reason Qld seems the place to be!

Thanks for posting that. Personally I have money to burn so I'm not at all phased the price. People normally have an issue with how much they spend on pretty much anything where as I am just interested in getting what I want.

Have you perhaps been sent a copy of the application to register the litter?

Would it just be easier to post all the docs I received?

Probably best not to as you would be outing the breeder.

The breeder uses this DOL to promote her pups! Should I not post the breeder name? I remember reading something about not doing that before I signed up for the forum.

Have you perhaps been sent a copy of the application to register the litter?

Would it just be easier to post all the docs I received?

Probably best not to as you would be outing the breeder.

The breeder uses this DOL to promote her pups! Should I not post the breeder name? I remember reading something about not doing that before I signed up for the forum.

Well they might not like the tone of some replies in this thread and it might get nasty.

I think its always best to wait a while before posting for advice (such in this case) especially if a breeder may be on Dol. And its always to best to communicate with them first, sometimes they can't always get back to someone straightaway, they might be busy with other things !

I wouldn't go naming a breeder publically on here unless its full of good praise for them :)

People do get very reactive on here at times, sometimes for the right reasons, and sometimes for the wrong reasons ;-)