Pedigree Paperwork

pickles_chester

Thanks for that post WExtremeG. I just messaged the breeder and she responded pretty quickly to state that the pedigree cert should arrive to her this coming week and she send it down to me asap. I am very appreciative for everyones help with this. I will keep y'all posted with the outcome.

Thanks again.

That sounds all fine then - probably should have contacted the breeder first :D

So the photocopied registration you got is for the same parents but a different date of birth? Odd thing to give someone, but perhaps the breeder thinks this shows you they are registered breeders or something like that.

Hope it all turns out OK.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it weird that the pedigree copy you received list your pup's parents, but are a photocopy? :confused:

I don't find it weird- I got photocopies of my pup's parent's pedigrees as well - it was good to have a hardcopy of those while I waited (for what seemed like ages!) for my pups pedigree certificate :)

I thought she meant she had a pedigree that listed the sire and dam of her pup, but wasn't her pup because the birthdate is wrong. Maybe I shouldn't read forums on a Saturday morning :laugh:

That is the way I read it as well. She seems to have been sent a copy of the papers for a full sibling from another litter. Very odd.

I am also curious why anyone from NSW would buy a limit register SBT puppy from Qld when there are so many available locally, all the time? Not to mention paying so much for such a common breed.

Edited by dancinbcs

After receiving our Staffordshire Bull Terrier a few weeks ago it was only yesterday I received the paperwork for the pedigree. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what I should have received as all we were sent was:

* Eye examination certificate

* Hip and elbow dysplasia evaluation report

* Certificate of registration and pedigree

* Genetic analysis report

Now here is the part that strikes me. The paperwork mentioned above is for the father of our puppy, not her own paperwork. I just assumed that we would have been sent our puppies paperwork (pedigree certificate and rego etc...) and nothing more.

We are completely new to the puppy world and I do feel as though we should have been given more info on our pup. We paid $1500 for a limited register.

Please help me to understand if this is the normal set of circumstances and if there is anything I am required to do myself to get her registered as a pure breed as we are more than willing to do so.

I will greatly appreciate any info or redirection to another thread to gain a bit more perspective.

Thanks in advance :)

What is it about this sentence that makes me think "warning, warning, Will Robinson" as that darned robot used to say.

You bought a Limit Register pup, she will never be registered as anything but a pet.

You will not be able to show her, you will not be able to breed from her or register any pups as purebred.

Do you understand that?

Limit register is simply the official replacement for the hand written pedigree breeders used to supply to the buyer of a pet puppy.

she is recognised as the purebred produce of her parents, but can never produce a recognised purebred puppy.

Apologies if you do already know this. An amazing number of people do not.

I find it weird that the pedigree copy you received list your pup's parents, but are a photocopy? :confused:

I don't find it weird- I got photocopies of my pup's parent's pedigrees as well - it was good to have a hardcopy of those while I waited (for what seemed like ages!) for my pups pedigree certificate :)

I haven't got my puppy yet, but the breeder already a while back sent me a copy of the pup's parents pedigrees via an email :)

Main reg. papers in Qld. are red and Limited reg. are green.

At the top you should have your name and address as the owner. To the right of this is a number.

Then what follows is the dogs Registered name.

The Breed

The sex The date of birth.

Then the colour.

Below that is the sire with pedigree.

Below that is the dam with pedigree

Below all this is the name and details of the breeder.

If you have all this then the dog is registered to you.

If you only have the breeders name on it all the dog needs to be transferred into your name.

In Qld the onus is on the seller to pay the transfer fee.

actually after reading the intial post again- I've got alarm bells ringing... it is weird to only have the sires info sent but nothing of the dams.

Did this breeder have a prefix?

How did you find this breeder?

Worse case scenario- someone has bought a dog on Mains or Limited (main or limited register with DogsQLD) and is breeding it to Staffords either registered or not, creating "pure" pups which are then not able to be registered with Dogsqld because neither they nor the bitch/es used are registered.

I see this all the time on FB - "sire has papers" or "dam and sire have papers- but the pups have no papers"

Limited x Limited = None

Limited x none = None

Main x none = None

Main x Limited = None

Main x Main = Main or Limited (breeder decides)

I thought she meant she had a pedigree that listed the sire and dam of her pup, but wasn't her pup because the birthdate is wrong. Maybe I shouldn't read forums on a Saturday morning :laugh:

That is the way I read it as well. She seems to have been sent a copy of the papers for a full sibling from another litter. Very odd.

I am also curious why anyone from NSW would buy a limit register SBT puppy from Qld when there are so many available locally, all the time? Not to mention paying so much for such a common breed.

I know people who paid over $2k for a blue limited reg pup from Qld recently. Breeder had two litters of blues on the ground. Not uncommon to pay so much, and for some reason Qld seems the place to be!

I know people who paid over $2k for a blue limited reg pup from Qld recently. Breeder had two litters of blues on the ground. Not uncommon to pay so much, and for some reason Qld seems the place to be!

you're not wrong! they're everywhere here (fnq) -everyone one wants one...

they're everywhere here (fnq) -everyone one wants one...

That's 'cause they're soooooooooooooo rare (mr rolleyes where are you!!!)

Reminds me of a thread last year of a young family I think paid $2,500 for a rare blue staffy from QLD. They were in Adelaide. The pup had a bad skin complaint & the husband wanted the pup sent back to the breeder (they had bought her to breed from). The thread went on for pages & pages & must have been deleted because I couldn't find it again. At the time I went on DOL staffy puppy adds & as someone had posted most of the litters were the "rare"blue.

The limited register papers in NSW are orange & the main blue. my 3 registered dogs came in the breeders name & I had to register in my name with DogsNSW.

Edited by luvsdogs

Whenever I see one advertised as "rare" - I feel like screaming they're not rare anymore!!! :laugh:

Surely the other colours must be rare by now??? I only ever see blue ones! So common :rofl:

Whenever I see one advertised as "rare" - I feel like screaming they're not rare anymore!!! :laugh:

Surely the other colours must be rare by now??? I only ever see blue ones! So common :rofl:

In the UK last year 49% of registrations were blues - 2% were white. I've got 2 pieds & a white here - rarest backyard in the country :laugh: :laugh:

I am completely confused now!

So you have a pedigree paper with the pup's sire and dam's name on it, but the D.O.B is wrong?

How far off is the date of birth, and what is the name of the dog on the pedigree piece of paper? Is it your pup's name up the top or not. If it is not, the pup's name, then it is obviously a sibling's pedigree. Perhaps the breeder has given you this piece of paper, so you know the details of the pup while you are waiting for the official papers to arrive.

Pedigree papers can take a fair while to arrive, so it could just be that, and the breeder is providing you with as much info as they can before they arrive.

What were the terms you bought the pup on? If they are not already on a limited registration there is nothing you can do to make them 'purebred', as others above have pointed out.