Morisset - Grooming And Adoption Drive On Sun 3rd Feb

All rescue organisations are invited to The Groomer’s Shootout (TGS Pty Ltd), an exciting combination of a grooming competition and rescue awareness. Dogs are groomed at no cost and are then on public display to potential adoptive homes as well as promote the dogs not present on the day. This is a unique opportunity to promote your rescue and the invaluable work you do!

The contest is designed as a fun event and based on a pet trim produced in a 30-45 minute time frame. Dogs in current need of a home will be presented at their best and show their potential as companions. In addition, rescue will be able to personally explain the goals of their organisations and explain not only how rescue works but how they can assist families in finding a suitable new pet. Many people are still under the misconception that pound dogs are problem dogs so this is the perfect opportunity to educate!

It is hoped that The Groomer’s Shootout will become mobile and travel into areas where there is a need to raise awareness of rescue and rehoming. An event can be held with a minimum of 4 groomers and all areas will be considered, not just in the capital cities but in rural and semi-rural areas where there is a need for increased public awareness.

The intention of The Groomer’s Shootout is to provide an avenue for all reputable groups to be able to showcase their dogs in need of rehoming. As the purpose of the event is to assist in exposing dogs in need no internal politics will be entered into. No fees are payable to TGS but all groups are responsible for their own expenses. Shade, shelter, water and toileting facilities will be provided on the day but each organisation must provide adequate staff to attend their stand and be responsible for their dogs.

All dogs attending must be up to date with their vaccinations and their carers agree to comply with the relevant codes of practice under the Animal Welfare Act for that state. To discuss sponsorship of an organization please contact TGS Pty Ltd

If you are interested please contact Dogmad or myself.

xx LP xx

Well - yesterday was the day... and it was a blast!!!

We had 19 of our dogs in the competition, and they all came up beautiful! Some of the transformations were simply stunning... and considering each groomer only had 30 minutes to do their jobs, the results were incredible.

Much kudos needs to go to Les and Christine Speerin (and their team of awesome helpers) for all of their brilliant work to get this shootout off and running... and to Purina for sponsoring it. It drew a good sized crowd who stayed for most of the day to watch - and it was a pretty long day too, finishing at just after 6pm.

Each and every groomer there was lovely and well into the fun of the day, and for showing off their skills in the best way possible. All of the dogs on the day behaved awesomely well and lapped up the attention from both the groomers and the crowds. Every single groomer handled their dogs with respect and patience even though they were on a strict time limit to get a result.

The lovely lady who won the competition did so with one of our boys named Elliot - and it was a very much deserved win as Elliot is black, and doesn't have the easiest coat to work with. The lovely lady who came second also had one of our girls Daisy, and it was a very closely contested second I think... I really wouldn't have wanted to be doing the judging between those two myself.

I got some photos earlier in the day, but they aren't great - I'll sort them out later and post a couple. There was a professsional photographer who took before and after photos of each dog, and hopefully they will be posted online soon too... will keep you updated on when and where to see those, OK?

T.

I got some photos earlier in the day, but they aren't great - I'll sort them out later and post a couple. There was a professsional photographer who took before and after photos of each dog, and hopefully they will be posted online soon too... will keep you updated on when and where to see those, OK?

T.

Please. Look forward to seeing the pics.

OK - here are some of my pics taken during the first round...

Little Miss Millie getting into character

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout008.jpg

Lavender

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout015.jpg

Levi

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout018.jpg

Toto

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout019.jpg

Marcus

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout023.jpg

Dorothy

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout028.jpg

Jodi

03-02-2013-groomers-shootout030.jpg

I put the camera away after taking those because it was too awkward wrangling the camera and the dogs... *grin*

T.

I love the pics where Lavender and Dorothy are looking at their groomers with complete trust... and considering Lavender has probably never been professionally groomed in her life, she stood like a pro and handled everything in her stride.

Toto was a bit of a turd for his groomer, as was Levi - but despite that, they both came up beautifully and were handled with respect and patience by their groomers.

All of our dogs did really well on the day, handling the strange and crowded conditions with aplomb... they were a real testament to how lovely rescue dogs are.

T.

I know Karen well who groomed Levi, she is a foster carer for greyhound rescue. She said he was the most gorgeous little boy so he couldn't have been too much of a turd :laugh:

Hey stans mum - Karen is so sweet and a very good groomer, and yes Levi did play the 'wriggle worm' game for her :laugh:

We also met a lovely carer plus her foster doggies from HAR.

xx LP xx

Karen did a stunning job with Levi - even though he played the cranky pants for a few minutes when she wanted to clip his nails and trim his feet... he absolutely adored her cuddles and being carried around like the ultimate accessory by her after the fact though... *grin*

T.

Karen did a stunning job with Levi - even though he played the cranky pants for a few minutes when she wanted to clip his nails and trim his feet... he absolutely adored her cuddles and being carried around like the ultimate accessory by her after the fact though... *grin*

T.

Yes she posted a photo on her FB page carrying him with his adoption details. In her words "this lovely little man stole my heart" :heart:

Below is the link to the video Brian Pickering took of the days highlights.

And tdierikx you seem to appear a lot in the background :laugh:

Our kids were returned to our shelter today - they stayed in boarding kennels at Cooranbong and were so very spoiled.

Look out for our dogs at the Easter Show this year - they will probably be wearing Purina branded bling.

xx LP xx