Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla

Rainy

Is there any one here wo would be willing to give me a few tip's on showing Vizsla's? I offered to help a friend show her puppy and now im kinda freaking out that im going to stuff up :o The only experiance i have is with staffords, are there any major do's and dont's i need to be aware of?

Cheers :)

Right hand under chin/holding up chain and left hand holding out tail. If you get a bit flustered just concentrate on getting the dogs head forward and keeping them still, I wouldn't panic too much about the tail.

Is there any one here wo would be willing to give me a few tip's on showing Vizsla's? I offered to help a friend show her puppy and now im kinda freaking out that im going to stuff up :o The only experiance i have is with staffords, are there any major do's and dont's i need to be aware of?

Pop into the Vizsla Breed Sub-Forums..... there are plenty there who show, including Wires.

Pop into the Vizsla Breed Sub-Forums..... there are plenty there who show, including Wires.

Hi,

I have shown both Vizslas and WH Vizslas........Vizsla puppies are lovely they are smart and soft and can be very naughty...so be patient, some dont take too kindly to being checked hard or if you accidently tread on their toes, they can scream loudly and will do it in the ring, speaking from experience...LOL... they are a running breed, and even as puppies can move out well....but you'll have to judge your speed too slow they get distracted and jump...too fast they jump...LOL....on the whole they love to move...... this is a breed that should have a light, lively trot, so encourage the pup to put it head up no sniffing the ground but try not to string up either, putting the lead high on the neck behind the ears, as they get older you'll be able to have the lead still high, but loose.....With tails...they are a pointing breed....hold the tail pulled out straight level with the top line......but with the WHV I sometimes show the owner does not want the tail held.....as they are not held in Europe.......Vizsla are about moderation, the word appears in the standard many times.....DO NOT OVER STRETCH THE HINDQUARTER