What Happened In 2008/2009/2010

Steve

asal, there is only one ethical way for a breeder not to deal with Joe Public and that one way isn't to sell puppies to someone who stocks pet shops in the USA. The one way is not to be a breeder.

Gets a bit muddy doesnt it - when the controlling body is responsible for designing and maintaining and policing the code of ethics says it's completely ethical for someone to sell puppies to an overseas pet shop or an Australian pet shop as long as they are PIAA that its O.K. to sell to agents as long as they are PIAA - and this is the criteria which was used for someone to determine whether they wanted to join or remain a member or not -that they determined that they had the same philosophies and they fitted what was being asked of them no amount of personal opinion or change in how society perceive it all the fact remains that according to the group that they belong to it is completely ethical.

At the end of the day the only ones any breeder has to answer to regarding their ethics is the group they belong to - in Asal's case it was Dogs NSW .May not fit with some other people's idea of what is ethical but its not possible for everyone to see things the same way anyway as long as that clause is in the CC codes those things are considered ethical by those standards for their members - the only ones that count.

Steve, i don't think it's at all muddy and unless you have removed the membership criteria of not selling to pet shops from your MDBA criteria then neither do you.

except my dear who thinks they know all. See all and can judge all.

I dont think MDBA was even in existance when what I was talking about was going on, besides the fact Ive been a member of RNSWCC SINCE 1978 AND SHOCKING AS you may find it the rules were exactly as stated by Steve.

I did nothing unethical by the rules I was advised not only by the breed club but also the chairman and committee.

Tho who knows all, see's and and judges all and who I gather firmly belives should be bowed down too, ho great one.

Are you the past or present Director of Dogs NSW?

In which case why put one rule in writing, then slander those who dont know thers another "secret.........only the ETHICAL KNOW unwritten rules"

lord high hyprocrite

The MDBA began in 06 but what the code is for the MDBA isn't relevant as ASAL has never been an MDBA member and never agreed to their code of ethics .She was a Dogs NSW member and according to that org and their code she was being ethical just as any breeder who sells puppies to PIAA pet stores is considered to be within the ethics for that org now .Everyone who signs up agrees that if they do sell their registered puppies to pet stores they will only sell to PIAA stores. Based on this if someone was within the codes for the org they belonged to regardless of whether others they agree with people selling to pet stores or not it was and still is considered ethical by their own yard stick.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more of breeds like Frenchies which I believe have had a $1000+ increase over that time and don't seem to be sold on main much. Are there many breeds which cost less now than 2009?

Yep but that probably would explain why there are more being bred now but it doesn't explain the spike in that one year time frame.

I would say there are several breeds which are fetching less now than they did back a couple of years ago.

Could it also be that the price for some purebred dogs became more expensive and more breeders started selling puppies on limited register or desexed?

I dont think that this would have shown as a spike - purebred dogs havent become more expensive since 09 in fact some are less expensive and the limited register has been in existence for a very long time. Ive no doubt these things have impacted over time but in these years numbers went up and then dropped again quickly . To be honest the only thing that does make much sense why it went up and then down is the Mcdougal thing as it was at this time that they were running ads and more were being purchased by the pet store.

In my mind just about every thing doggy is either pre string or post string and that was jan 2000

Never took notice of any McDougal, advertising post 2000, was essentialy shut down from that date for something like 5 years min anyway. So my learning of their activities and those who sold to them was early 90's I think?

From memory Transpet became the sole agent for Mcdougal in Australia and PIAA was given a tick by Dogs NSW around about '98.

Could it also be that the price for some purebred dogs became more expensive and more breeders started selling puppies on limited register or desexed?

I dont think that this would have shown as a spike - purebred dogs havent become more expensive since 09 in fact some are less expensive and the limited register has been in existence for a very long time. Ive no doubt these things have impacted over time but in these years numbers went up and then dropped again quickly . To be honest the only thing that does make much sense why it went up and then down is the Mcdougal thing as it was at this time that they were running ads and more were being purchased by the pet store.

In my mind just about every thing doggy is either pre string or post string and that was jan 2000

Never took notice of any McDougal, advertising post 2000, was essentialy shut down from that date for something like 5 years min anyway. So my learning of their activities and those who sold to them was early 90's I think?

From memory Transpet became the sole agent for Mcdougal in Australia and PIAA was given a tick by Dogs NSW around about '98.

HA! so I was right.. thanks Steve