Great Id Tags

piper

I saw these come up on my Facebook feed and though some people here might be interested. I don't leave collars on my guys so they wou;dn't do me much good but for those that do they are great. I like the look fo the flat 1s that slide onto a collar. The 1s that come already on a collar are a great buy too. $12.00 including a lupine collar. They have free worldwide shipping on as well.

Furcode

Effective

Works world-wide two ways:

• Scan the tag’s QR Code with a smartphone
  • Type the unique URL listed on the back of the tag into any web browser

Pet-QR-Code-Tags.jpgProviding the ability to easily update a pet’s critical information with a couple strokes of the keyboard allows FurCodes to pick up where traditional pet tags and microchips fall short:

• Provides direct contact to the person that finds your pet; no need to visit a Shelter or Vet office
  • Multiple contacts: 3 phone numbers, email, vet, Facebook and Twitter
  • Update your Pet’s information from anywhere in real time 24/7
  • You manage your pet’s information with no third party intervention
  • Durable laser etched aluminum
  • Waterproof

If you read the info the tag also has the actual internet address and pet id number so you can use a computer and go direct to it. I like the fact if you change details you just update their page - no new tag required and it also can store a lot more info.

As I said though I don't leave collars on so would be no use for mine anyway. Has reminded me that I need to update my girl's microchip details though.

I agree with Aussie Dog. I also wonder if these tags would fill the requirement of Local Councils appropriate details to be shown.

No council (that I know of) in Tasmania requires dogs to wear anything besides their council registration tag so it's not going to be an issue in council areas that don't have that rule.

Having said that.. not something I'd bother with. All our dogs are microchipped and their name tags mention this. Anyone with internet access can then look up the details (assuming they can't get the dog to a vet or the pound) and contact us.

I saw these at PetExpo i think Red Dingo are doing them, i also wondered about people that havent embraced the smart phone technology that it would be pointless, personally i dont see whats wrong with a name and number on a tag. I also dont leave collars on mine so it would be useless to me...

I saw these at PetExpo i think Red Dingo are doing them, i also wondered about people that havent embraced the smart phone technology that it would be pointless, personally i dont see whats wrong with a name and number on a tag. I also dont leave collars on mine so it would be useless to me...

+1

Nothing wrong with a good old phone number on a tag, 99% of people can use it, as opposed to limiting the amount of people who can contact you, or at least making them go back home to plug details into their computer.

I'd like it if you could engrave info on one side (eg dog's name, desexed, mobile #) and then have this on the other side. That way, if the number isn't correct due to a move etc, they could then look up additional details.

I think this would be great for dogs with special needs, my dog already has a collar that states he has severe food allergies and also requires medication. But being able to look up any extra details if he was to get lost, need medical attention and I couldn't be contacted, would be great!

+1

Nothing wrong with a good old phone number on a tag, 99% of people can use it, as opposed to limiting the amount of people who can contact you, or at least making them go back home to plug details into their computer.

Yeah I agree. When I was working at a pound soooo many people STILL didn't even know about microchips :eek: Others just assumed that a dog without a collar and tag was a stray and had been dumped, so just kept the dog. However, if the dog had a tag they would automatically call the owners.

The best way to get your dog back is to have an easy to read, simple tag with your phone number.