Are Frangipanis Toxic?

minimax

I can't use the forum search from my phone and Google is giving me mixed results - so does anyone know if frangipani flowers are toxic to dogs?

One of my pugs is hoovering them down from under the tree, and although they aren't making his poop smell any sweeter he looks so cute with a flower hanging out of his mouth :laugh:

I think I've narrowed down the problem to something that bit him while he was chewing on random things in the backyard, just not sure what it was.

he won't let me near one side of his mouth, and it looks a bit swollen. He's been lethargic all night, which is why I asked about the flowers, but He's asleep on my legs now and I'll keep an eye on him.

I don't have any antihistamines in the house, otherwise I would give him some.

Makes me realise I need to restock my puppy first aid kit!

I think I've narrowed down the problem to something that bit him while he was chewing on random things in the backyard, just not sure what it was.

he won't let me near one side of his mouth, and it looks a bit swollen. He's been lethargic all night, which is why I asked about the flowers, but He's asleep on my legs now and I'll keep an eye on him.

I don't have any antihistamines in the house, otherwise I would give him some.

Makes me realise I need to restock my puppy first aid kit!

Actually, it (the highlighted part) adds up to some of what I read up about the frangipani -vs- dogs.