Earthborn Holistic Feeding Instructions?

Stitch

I have just bought a bag of Earthborn Holistic dry dogfood...it is the one without grain....and I have never fed a grainless dry dogfood so I don't know what to expect.

Can anyone tell me if there is a special method of transitioning from a premium dogfood with cereal to a cereal free dogfood?

If you have done this I would like to hear from you to see if there was any tummy upsets or things to be careful with?

I am planning on doing the usual ie. 1/4 new 3/4 old food, then progress to 1/2 & 1/2, etc.

Is there more of a propensity to cause diahorrea with grainless dogfoods?

Edited by Stitch

I moved Cleo from grain-containing food to grain-free a few months ago now. Not much different to a normal food really, no tummy upsets (she's never had a tummy upset/runny poo).

It still has some degree of fillers, so amounts stay roughly the same - well they did with Cleo. She's 20kg and gets 2 cups a day if no barf patty or 1.5 cups and a barf patty.

I think that I'm very lucky that Cleo's never had diahorrea, she's tried several brands of dog food (working in a pet store enables me to try a few cheaply). Sometimes I will change between brands without a transition too, and never had an issue.

Just my experiences though, I am aware that some dogs are quite sensitive to dietary changes and every customer of mine is advised to slowly transition foods.

ETA: i feed earthborn (primitive natural and ocean fusion (has grains) and the new one meadow feast)

Edited by dotdashdot

My two eat this, I just did exactly what you are doing and transitioned slowly, we changed them over because of the itchies rather than tummy issues but I did not notice any difference in their poos, if anything it was slightly firmer.