Canberra Royal Show

Jbea

I was hoping to go to Canberra next year. But being a first timer I do not have any idea of where is a good place to stay with dogs. Dogs don't have to be inside with us, they are happy sleeping in their trailer, but a nice walk would be good or even better a safe off lead area would probably be to much to ask for?

Grand Manor Motor Inn in Queanbeyan is probably the best, but also probably all booked out by now. I would ring the office and ask their advice about places to stay in Canberra when showing, I think the cabins that stopped taking dogs after some stupid exhibitors mucked it up for everyone may have now had a change of heart. There is no dog park in Murrumabateman but if your dogs have good recall, there is a very large recreation area opposte the motel.

• 2 weeks later...

You can also stay at EagleHawk Either, Rydges or the Holiday Park. Both allow dogs in trailers, adn they are about 15 minutes in bad traffic to the grounds, and the traffic will be bad to get into EPIC.

I know Rydges is ok .... does the Holiday Park allow dogs next to the cabins? last I heard was trailers had to parked out the front...

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there last year and had my dogs in the trailer next to the cabin, Told them I would be, I can not remember exactly what they said but I believe it was OK'd. I think they mught of realised how much business they were loosing.