Essential Oils For Dogs

ChewieTAG

Hi

Was searching for essential oils that are safe for dogs for flea prevention and came across this list. Essential Oil Link

I know some of the essential oils were discussed previously but I hope to get some opinion of using it? smile.gif

I can see the Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium, Eucalyptus essential oils are the most common essential oils safe for dogs for soothing, calming, insects repel, etc? biggrin.gif

Any thoughts? confused.gif

Source: http://www.natural-d...s-for-dogs.html

or click here if above not working (edit to get the link working)

Essential Oil Link

The problem with this link is it doesn't tell you how to use or how to dilute so effectively it's a bit dangerous. There's also not enough information such as in Dogs Valerian can go either 1 of 3 ways...1) Do nothing, 3) Make the Dog in edge and Hyper 3) Calm.

Edited by sas

Hi

Was searching for essential oils that are safe for dogs for flea prevention and came across this list. Essential Oil Link

I know some of the essential oils were discussed previously but I hope to get some opinion of using it? smile.gif

I can see the Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium, Eucalyptus essential oils are the most common essential oils safe for dogs for soothing, calming, insects repel, etc? biggrin.gif

Any thoughts? confused.gif

Source: http://www.natural-d...s-for-dogs.html

or click here if above not working (edit to get the link working)

Essential Oil Link

Personally, I'd be very careful using any of those as some are absolutely not safe if your dog ingests them (by licking, for example) or if too much is applied to the skin.

There are also many oils that can cause extreme photosensitivity or skin irritation, even in smaller amounts.

For the risk/benefits, I'd be using a tested, proven flea treatment product containing actives that have an actual effect on the parasites. Going "natural" sounds great in theory but in practice.. results are dubious, at best (and very dangerous, at worst).