Dog Toy Reviews

kayla1

Thought it might be handy to have a thread where we can review dog toys. :)

Isqueak balls - love them, but of course the softer ones don't last long and crack easily. Interestingly in my recent clean run order I received a mix of the harder rubber high pitched squeaks, and some of the soft rubber quack and crack ones.

Isqueak birdies - are popular here and have lasted a long time with no chew damage. It's hard to squeak them though as the rubber is very hard.

Crackle balls - my dogs loved them but in one of them the plastic insert was flattened in a few minutes, so I haven't given them to the dogs since.

Arachnoids - dogs liked them but one of my dogs chewed off a bit of the soft rubber in no time. So not for chewers.

Kong squeeezz balls - dogs love them, they haven't been chewed yet, but one is starting to lose its squeak.

Doggles plush balls - they do have stuffing inside, as I discovered this morning when I found the remains of one. Not the most popular toy here.

Jolly tugs - these have been good, even after the dogs rip the cover off they can either play tug with just the cover or play with the ball inside.

Anyway that's a start, so add your reviews!

ETA you can review the same toys or different toys - it's always good to have multiple reviews.

Edited by kayla1

Cuz balls - the hardiest rubber toys I've found - still have a few that my Lab has been playing with for nearly 7 years - still intact!

Chuckit rubber tennis balls - impossible to destroy - and my Lab can eat a big black Kong in a couple of days... or a whole lamb shank, bone and all in 10 minutes!

T.

We haven't tested the new toys from clean run yet but our best toys are the air dog squeaky tennis balls for Jodie and Vinnies $5 bag of teddy bears for Stevie. I gut and de-eye the bears but we have soooo many shapes, sizes and colours, and they usually go through the wash and rain and mud quite a few times before they're really dead.

Jodie kills the squeaker in the air dog balls quite quickly but still prefers them over real tennis balls.

TD what's the brand of bear you gave Stevie for her birthday? It's lasting very well considering both dogs are trying to kill the squeakers and play tug of war with its limbs!

Edited by Katdogs

Kong squeeezz dumbell- Squeak was very quiet after a couple of minutes of play and then the rubber had cracked badly after about 5 minutes of play, which is too bad because my boy loves the squeezability of these toys!

Isqueak balls - The squeak lasted about 2 minutes (in the only one I've tried so far)and the rubber began to crack straight away. I really hope I get one of the harder ones in my next lot from cleanrun! My boy loves the amount of give in these too, and even the ones that crack are much more durable than the Kong Squeezz dumbell.

Kong Ballistic Boomerang - has stood up to a fair bit of play and tugging and the squeaks still work, but I don't think I'd trust it to hold up to really strong tugging, so I've refrained from that.

Holee Roller - is probably our favourite toy. It squashes, is good to shake, throw, and tug, and easy to pick up, no matter the size. One I've had for over two years and it's still in one piece.