Just When You Don't Have The Camera Handy

Loving my Oldies

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raspa thinks its a great time to play catch and it is the only time that she will actually return the ball to you.

:laugh: But how can you concentrate on the business at hand if you are playing ball :D

Max does take the oppurtunity of you not being able to run away by bringing you a toy to play tug with :laugh:

I decided to be mean and cruel to my dogs by going to the bathroom, on my own, and closing the door. :eek::eek:

When I emerged, there they all were. Five little anxious faces, all staring up at me as they waited in the hallway. :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: meanie. Maddie came to me as a foster in December 2010...and that was the last time I went to the loo on my own :laugh:

Kenny always had to follow me to the loo, if I closed the door, he would scratch at it & howl. Unfortunately though, when he followed me in, he would sit next to the toilet & put his head on my lap.

Cougar just comes in & sits next to the toilet, trying to see what is going in the toilet.

I remember years ago when we had all of our Tibetan Terriers, OH was in the toilet facing the toilet trying to pee in peace, when a TT head appeared between his legs, and wanted to know what he was doing. Nothing is sacred to dogs. Have not shut the door to the toilet for many years, the dogs like to supervise.

Reading this & the many other threads about the naughty things our dogs do, got me thinking. I like to think we are all responsible dog owners, but I'm sure a lot of dog behaviourists, must shake their heads in dismay, the way we let our dogs act at home. :rofl:

Reading this & the many other threads about the naughty things our dogs do, got me thinking. I like to think we are all responsible dog owners, but I'm sure a lot of dog behaviourists, must shake their heads in dismay, the way we let our dogs act at home. :rofl:

There has to be down-time, Mantis. My dogs are perfect pretty well everywhere :D :D

As a pup Brembo used to play tug with me while I was on the loo :)

Sierra used to follow me in and then get a "wtf" look as soon as I started peeing and leave lol

Myrtie used to slink out of the room with her tail down if she heard any popping noises :laugh: . Seems to be used to it now, though :o:o

Never ever shut a door on a Schipperke, you will live to regret it, its their job to supervise. :D

And pull the barges - LOL. Gosh they are beautiful dogs.

Think you have your breeds mixed up! Little Schipperkes wouldn't be pulling any barges!

Nah, I'll bet their dogs come to the loo with them but they just wouldn't ADMIT it!

If it's not my dogs it's my cats! If I leave the door open, the dogs will come and check on me, sometimes hang around, sometimes wander off, but if I shut the door, cats' paws come underneath it. In my last house where I could reach out to tap their paws from a seated position it used to be quite a game. :laugh: One of the cats will also sit on my lap. Nothing is sacred!

Never ever shut a door on a Schipperke, you will live to regret it, its their job to supervise. :D

And pull the barges - LOL. Gosh they are beautiful dogs.

Think you have your breeds mixed up! Little Schipperkes wouldn't be pulling any barges!

Nah, I'll bet their dogs come to the loo with them but they just wouldn't ADMIT it!

If it's not my dogs it's my cats! If I leave the door open, the dogs will come and check on me, sometimes hang around, sometimes wander off, but if I shut the door, cats' paws come underneath it. In my last house where I could reach out to tap their paws from a seated position it used to be quite a game. :laugh: One of the cats will also sit on my lap. Nothing is sacred!

My darned cat decided it was just the time to introuduce me to my own 'kill' gave the "here kitties , I have dinner" call and dumped a live mouse at my feet :eek:

lets see loo time is not alone time....

:rofl: according to sophie (who was a rescue and hated humans remember) is snuggle time... where if your not carefully her enthusiastic pushing might just part you from your seat... as she goes over under and round your legs.

she has now taken to doing it before you get seated in the morning this can be hard to take aim to sit...

oh and she had now worked out its a well! so she looks lovingly at that nice indoor water fall. :rofl:

lets see loo time is not alone time....

:rofl: according to sophie (who was a rescue and hated humans remember) is snuggle time... where if your not carefully her enthusiastic pushing might just part you from your seat... as she goes over under and round your legs.

she has now taken to doing it before you get seated in the morning this can be hard to take aim to sit...

oh and she had now worked out its a well! so she looks lovingly at that nice indoor water fall. :rofl:

:eek::eek: :laugh: :laugh:

not dogs ..but loos ..

our resident peron's tree frogs live in the cistern ..and at night come out to hunt & play... *sigh*

Many grubby little froggie footprints & muddy smears need to be wiped away each morning :o..

and the feel of a set of clammy sticky frog feet attaching to bare skin unexpectedly is an interesting way to pass the time whilst seated :p

My foster girl always has to poke her head in just in case any empty loo rolls are available to chew on. She isn't interested in assisting me in any other way thank goodness

This is TMI but the other night I was half lying and half sitting on the lounge and she was lying with her head near my bum. I did one of those little popping farts (no smell I promise!) and she just lifted her head and looked at me like "You dirty minger!"

So funny!!

If mine are allowed into the bathroom, they all want to sit on the bathmat, effectively preventing me from leaving the bath/shower. So they are forbidden. They all sit outside so I can fall over them there.

I had one years ago, who, after the plug was pulled from the bath, had to rush over, and watch the water draining. Presumably to ensure no little bits of me had dropped off and were going down the plug hole!!

Years ago, there was a goat, Dennis. If Dennis was in the yard, and heard you in the shower, he would come upstairs and jump up on the door until he pushed it open, to share the shower with you. What a hooT